or Connect

Posts by WindChill

Older anime fans may recall this gem from the 1970s. Gatchaman --> "Bird, go!" BOTP --> "Transmute!" "G-Force!" In short, five young people under U.N.-like tutelage come together and combat a well-defined global nemesis over 80+ to 100+ episodes, using bird-themed costumes, very distinctive vehicles, and superhuman martial arts skills. As befitting the full Japanese name for the heroes (Science Ninja Team), science is an overarching theme. Although the downside doesn't...
My first case was a Sena Cases black leather sleeve designed for the iPhone 4. Pros: Very thin with no bulk. Stylish. Some protection for the screen, which no clamshell does. Slides in and out well. Cons: Not as strong as a clamshell. Does not slide in and out well if iPhone also has a product like Zagg Invisible Shield on it, as mine does. Because of the shield issue, I've been mainly using a Lowe Pro semi-hard zip case. It's the Volta 20 model, in either black or...
I know iPad 3 offers a decent amount of goodies compared to iPad 2 & 1, especially the screen. But my iPad 2 continues to chug along so well, and my real needs (for a tablet) remain so modest, that I'm still having a tough time rationalizing a move up. Especially since I'm already mired in tinkering with notebook/desktop upgrades.
I tend to indulge in a random purge whenever it comes to mind. Last one was over a year ago. There may be a push from signs like overloaded wardrobes and faded/torn items. Like others, I look at everything in terms of desirability (ie. colour/pattern, sentimental value) and practicality (ie. outdated sizing, style gone wrong). The earmarked items are photographed, bagged, and taken to the local Goodwill outlet. Sometimes I go to a consignment store instead, if there's...
Similar problem in Canada for some time now with $1 and $2 coins on top of the usual change. Can get pretty bothersome to carry around. I've been using a normal wallet with a built-in coin compartment. It helps immensely to keep all the cash in one place and minimize fumbling around when paying cash. As others have said, a little forethought as to when and where to use coins can really help to keep the dead weight down to manageable levels. It's too bad we don't have...
Yes to dimples whenever possible. That's what can be a bit frustrating with today's slightly narrower tie widths (ie. not getting a good dimple out of an otherwise great tie). Not always a problem though, thank goodness.
Appreciate the sensibility in the thoughts and advice in this thread. I'm an accountant in a law firm, but have been dedicated to an intranet project with I/T people for the last 2-3 years. The range of dress here, in either the finance or I/T dept, is perhaps a bit narrower than other industries. Mainstays are long-sleeve shirts and non-jean pants for staff, and then add on some form of jacket/suit for management, usually sans tie. I myself have varied over time from...