or Connect

Posts by stimulacra

Hmm, was searching the forums and was hoping someone can identify the type of vest JGL is rocking in this one.
Thanks, I know I'm just getting my feet wet going this route. The guy ahead of me was getting 30 shirts made.
Trunk Sale / Made to Measure Event still taking place in Houston Galleria BB. 20% off. Decided to get 2 custom shirts made. 1) Classic (Blue) OCBD with flap pocket. Everything else was standard I guess 2) Pink Royal Oxford Ainsley collar with mitered cuffs, no pockets on the chest I think they came out to $140 each. 4-5 weeks for delivery. A bit of a splurge for me (I usually hold out for the semi-annual 3 for $$) but I picked two that I'm sure I will wear at least...
Saw this in WSJ over the weekend: Omega recently unveiled some nice looking branded NATO straps http://on.wsj.com/1vcyKwm They had me until I saw the $150 price tag. $250 for a leather NATO strap is more reasonable (and I've never heard of this before). Anyone going to get one?
Ended up getting two silk knit ties (dotted) for about $100. Noticed their music play list veered a lot younger as of late (at least in Houston); Vampire Weekend and Go Team! were in the mix.
There is a Brooks Brothers trunk show coming to their Houston location next week I believe. They're offering 20% off their made-to-measure service. Was thinking about taking the opportunity to splurge on some custom shirts made. I'm leaning either towards getting a couple of OCBDs with flap pockets, or having a chest pocket with a stitched divider to hold a pen without sagging similar to this image below: http://bit.ly/XyQzKz Has anyone else ever opted for this...
Something I specifically noticed with the last batch of BB shirts I got but has really become a pretty common and absurd trend with a lot of brands: It seems like clothing manufacturers have really gone overboard with care tags and labels. On the latest OCBD shirts, there were three different nylon labels sewn inside the bottom of the shirt placket, on top of each other. Seems like it was just a dozen different translations of the same care instruction that's on the...
I'm considering that option too, I was always a bit ambivalent about what function cash equivalent serves in a 401k or Roth. I have to imagine most folks would use it as a type of ballast.Not really trying to time the market too much, this is for retirement so just trying to make the best long term plays I can based on what I know… back in 2007 I did become more conservative when the real estate market was starting to peak and in 2009 I doubled down on stocks since I felt...
Had a tactical question. Dow is at 17,000 now, starting to feel like stock prices are at a premium and I should shift some of my 401k contributions to cash or cash equivalent. Typically I would keep cash equivalents (Bancorp Bank Master Demand) at 1% or 2% and lately it's been at 0% since pretty much everything has been performing so well. I'm starting to suspect there might be a small downturn or correction over the next 12 months and would like to have some cash on...
My understanding is that it becomes incrementally slimmer than the color label before it. So Navy would be 4 inches slimmer in the waist than the purple label, which is 1 3/4 slimmer than the red label. The green would than be 1 inch slimmer in the waist than the navy label.