or Connect

Posts by stimulacra

Any thoughts on Transocean (RIG)? Stock price is at a 5 year low.
I think I might stock up on some OCBDs and silk knit ties. Just curious and wanted to ask the group. It seems to be getting harder and harder to find non “non-iron” shirts via their online store. Has the general consensus changed on them recently? Even when I got my first batch of custom made shirts done at Brooks, the shirtmaker was really nudging me towards the non-iron fabrics citing ease of care. Was just curious and wondered if non-iron wrinkle free fabric was...
Thanks! Will check those funds out.
I was asking for comparison purposes.My prior 401ks were rolled into a UBS Simple IRA account way back when I was self-employed and then through American Funds.The Ameritrade account was set up to purchase individual stocks for fun. Would love to get on that 500 commission-free trade btw… as is I'm pretty much forced to do a buy-and-old for most individual stock picks and from that tend to gravitate towards the dividend paying end of the spectrum.
I rolled over my previous 401ks to there a while ago. So within that account that's the basket of funds I have.I do have an Ameritrade brokerage account that I use to buy individual stocks (mostly blue-chip household products, lot of TGT, some healthcare and a few penny stocks). What are the typical transaction fees for acquiring funds through there? Below is what's listed on their site:No-Transaction-Fee (NTF) No commissionNo-Load ...
Forgot the link… https://www.americanfunds.com/advisor/products/mutual-funds.html
Looking to set up a monthly contribution any thoughts to these funds listed here? Probably only going to pick 2 or 3.
I have no real expectation of accumulating $10mm in my lifetime. For the most part I subscribe to the “Die Broke” ethos advocated by Mark Levine, the main kinks for me would be life expectancy and anticipated healthcare costs in the mid 21st century.When I spoke to my financial planner a couple of years back, 529 made the most sense although he did advocate the view that kids can borrow for their college education, parents can't borrow for their retirement.Regarding...
My employer matches fully up to 4% of my salary. I've been able to take advantage of that for the 7 year tenure at my current job. Typically I'll just set it at 10-15% just to make it easier to manage everything. Take it down to the 4% occasionally if I need the cashflow, take it back up when I don't. The online access makes it easy to adjust as needed and tidier in regards to the end-of-year W2.I'll check out just keeping it to the 4% max and doing IRA biweekly for 2015....
OTC, I've been meaning to get into this mindset for the past couple of years but for whatever reason end-of-year seems to work out better for me. In terms of priority it's usually been 401k, 529 Plan, and IRA is a distant third (and mostly funded by previous 401k plans from past jobs).I know once I make it a regular contribution that's automatic I won't miss the money from my monthly take-home.I'll definitely make it a point to get with my planner this fall/winter to get...