or Connect

Posts by stimulacra

14% for the year. Not too shabby but a far cry from 31% in 2013.
Anyone know what type of jacket this is and where I can find one?
Yes, I've been hearing that the dip is a good thing because it got all of the speculative investors out of oil, and we should be seeing more realistic valuations in 2015.Just came into some play money for Xmas and will pick up some bellwether energy stocks.
Seems like the market has recovered quite a bit this week. How is everyone else's accounts looking?
Teen Who Said He Made Millions on Wall Street Admits to Hoax www.wsj.com/articles/teen-who-said-he-made-millions-on-wall-street-admits-to-hoax-1418761499
This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for walking me through the thinking.
@ amerikajinda can you explain to me your rationale behind having 25 funds spread out among 4 different accounts? Most just curious, I would imagine it would be hard to get an apple-to-apple performance comparison having to log into so many accounts.
Aside from overlapping strategies (and in a few funds) higher fees… what's the main issue with attempting a 1/N allocation strategy that's geared towards equities versus someone who might pick 3-4 funds that's heavily weighted towards bonds?
I haven't rebalanced since June.
I did some research in October and saw a lot of overlap and some high fees.I've reduced it to 8 funds now going forward. Heavily weighted now to Vanguard Total Stock Market (VTSMX) at 30% and T. Rowe Price Blue Chip (TRBCX) at 20%. Everything else is 10 or 5%.