or Connect

Posts by stimulacra

I'm considering that option too, I was always a bit ambivalent about what function cash equivalent serves in a 401k or Roth. I have to imagine most folks would use it as a type of ballast.Not really trying to time the market too much, this is for retirement so just trying to make the best long term plays I can based on what I know… back in 2007 I did become more conservative when the real estate market was starting to peak and in 2009 I doubled down on stocks since I felt...
Had a tactical question. Dow is at 17,000 now, starting to feel like stock prices are at a premium and I should shift some of my 401k contributions to cash or cash equivalent. Typically I would keep cash equivalents (Bancorp Bank Master Demand) at 1% or 2% and lately it's been at 0% since pretty much everything has been performing so well. I'm starting to suspect there might be a small downturn or correction over the next 12 months and would like to have some cash on...
My understanding is that it becomes incrementally slimmer than the color label before it. So Navy would be 4 inches slimmer in the waist than the purple label, which is 1 3/4 slimmer than the red label. The green would than be 1 inch slimmer in the waist than the navy label.
You're right. I'll exchange it at my earliest opportunity. I was reticent before because the only slim fit shirts they carry for the OCBD are of the non-iron variety but getting it right is worth the wait.
Thank you. This helps a ton!
Question: I took advantage of the current sale to order some OCBD's (Slim fit, Must Iron Supimas). I have 4 from 2012 (White, Blue, Pink, and Yellow) that have experienced enough shrinkage in the collar to be relegated to casual or weekend wear. Question I have is that the OCBD's I ordered from 2012 explicitly state “Slim Fit” on the shirt label in BB's blue thread coloring. The ones that came in yesterday do not. Have they changed their labeling schema recently or was I...
I live in Texas so we don't have any tax incentives for the local 529 here (There is a Texas Tuition Promise Fund which involves prepaid tuition for state schools but I know enough people who got screwed over on it to avoid prepaid tuition completely).The big draw to the Utah plan for me was the mix of low fees and a good basket of funds which includes Vanguard funds (about 2/3) and Dimensional Fund Advisors (1/3). There's also 14 different age/risk tolerance allocation...
Morning everyone, Was hoping to get some fresh eyes on my current retirement / investment situation… I'm currently 36 years old with a young daughter. Current investment breakdown below: 1) 401k ~ $65k spread across a wide variety of funds, heavier emphasis on American domestic stocks. 2) IRA ~ $5k evenly split across AMPCX, AEPCX and GFACX 3) Ameritrade Brokerage ~$2k mostly parked in CHD and TGT 4) Utah 529 for my daughter ~$6k spread across various Vanguard...
Thoughts on this? http://moto360.motorola.com/ The design and art direction of the photos looks SF approved but am curious to know how many here would actually swap out their quality swissmade timepiece for one of these? Also I'm posting it in Streetwear since it's wearable tech but one could make a far fetched argument that this would not seem out of place in Classic Menswear. Also cool Youtube video discussing the design process. http://youtu.be/dnerqDWwVgg
Came across this article this morning. Pretty informative for the layman. Was curious to know what others thought of the info and interactive? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324468104578250150034142598.html?