or Connect

Posts by scottcw

I roasted 1/2 lb. of Guatemala Acatenango Gesha to a nice City+ this morning. Tasting notes from Sweet Maria's are, "Jasmine, orange blossom, perfumed aromatics, honeyed sweetness. Tropical fruits, red punch and tea flavors. Brilliant acidity." I will brew the first cup Wednesday morning after letting it rest for 3 days.
I love the Lido. I haven't used by Virtuoso since purchasing the Lido. It is my daily grinder for pour over, although I use my Zass for Aeropress only because I use a finer grind and the Lido is tricky to adjust. I've thought about picking up the newest Lido because the grind adjustment is external, but even I can't justify $175 for a third hand grinder that would mean the other 2 gather dust.
I thought the Acaia scale was extravagant, yet I'm pretty sure this roaster will make its way onto my counter.
I started to type a reply to point out where he is wrong, but I don't care about helping others.
This reminds me of a roasting method I first read about on Blue Bottle's website called "melange." It is roasting the same green bean to different levels and then combining the various roasts to get all the flavors. I have thought about doing this at home, the simplest form would be to roast 1/2 lb to City+ and 1/2 lb to Full City. More time consuming would be 1/4 lb roasts to City, City+, Full City and Full City+.
Schauer - http://www.schauer-germany.com/en/kollektion.php?p=3&img=1Pita Barcelona - https://www.pita.es/jsp/pita-minimal-less-is-more-the-elegance-of-minimalism.jspI know there are several others.
Question on the Veneto SCs on sale, is only the technical version water resistant?
The drum keeps the beans agitated so that the roast is pretty even.
Not sure I understand your question.I don't aim for consistency, I vary my target roast depending on the flavor notes from Sweet Maria's and what I am in the mood to drink each week. I could probably get consistent results if that was a goal.
I roasted my first batch with the new Plus control panel this morning. I roasted a little longer than I intended, heard about 15 seconds of second crack. I was targeting Full City, got Full City plus. Maybe it will taste like cocoa. I know what I did wrong, so I can fix it in my next roast.