or Connect

Posts by scottcw

My next purchase will likely be a GMT 1675 or Explorer 1016, with the GMT gaining fast.
Arrived yesterday, fitted with a D-ring Jubilee bracelet from HQMilton today, first shot on the wrist... Plus a family portrait in order of purchase from left to right...
Indeed.
I caved and bought the above today. Description from the seller:"Here's a 1965 Datejust reference 1603 in excellent condition, serviced in Switzerland in 2014. Here's the details: ROLEX (SS/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust Chronometer) - Excellent 36mm signed stainless steel screwback case (reference 1603, #12689xx) with crenelated stainless steel bezel, signed 26 jewel calibre 1560 chronometer automatic movement (adjusted to 5 positions and temperature), excellent signed...
You actually went into Starbucks based on a recommendation from the internet? No commentary needed...
This is one of my favorite items in my wardrobe. I wear it with everything from over a t-shirt on warmer days to under a sportcoat or a coat/jacket when it is cooler.
Curse you and your money parting links.
Thanks. The one in the picture I posted is advertised as having "an unusual crenelated bezel, not the usual fluted style." Is that the same as a "turned bezel"?
I used to discount the Datejust in comparison to an Explorer or GMT, but the simple dial is growing on me. Any thoughts from owners past and present?
Delivered today...