or Connect

Posts by scottcw

Agreed, that is the "one watch" in my modest collection.
My solution would be to not agitate light roasts. Problem solved.
My old neighborhood (3rd Place off Court Street). Brings back a lot of nostalgia.
Is this the same color as the Four Roses silk from a couple years ago?
Here's a picture. You can see the rust on the date wheel. It is interesting that the water spots on the dial are more visible to the naked eye than in this picture. I get the whole "character" thing with vintage watches, but all the rust and water spots do is make me want to kick myself for not taking it off.
Thanks all, I came to the conclusion that they did the best they could to get it running while retaining originality. I just wanted confirmation. I will see if I can find a period correct replacement dial and date wheel, but live with the water damage in the meantime. Resale value is not an issue as it is a birth year watch that I will keep. I would like it as clean as possible if I can find a replacement dial and/or date wheel.
Third party.
I picked up my 1965 Datejust last week from the overhaul prompted by water getting inside. It is running fine, but I have a couple of questions. First, the date wheel now has rust spots. I asked about it when I picked it up and was told I would have to find a replacement. Is it correct that a repair/service center can't remove rust from a date wheel? Also, the dial has water spots visible to the naked eye. Should I expect those to have been cleaned up during service or...
My Behmor sits on my kitchen counter next to my stove top. The Behmor has smoke suppression and I turn on the exhaust fan to eliminate any smoke that does get out. From a purely economic view, I go through about 26 lbs of coffee a year. At an average of $7/lb for green beans, that is $182. Compare that to buying roasted beans at an average of $14 (at the LOW end) for .75 lbs. and I would pay $455. That's almost the cost of a Behmor roaster in the first year. For those...
Those costs are recovered in the long haul. I can get 2+ lbs of green coffee for less than 3/4 lbs of roasted coffee.