or Connect

Posts by scottcw

Me too. I would purchase if I had some certainty on the dial refinish. I can't find any similar dials.
The pic is actually from an eBay auction for a vintage late '30s watch. My only hesitation is that the dial has been refinished and the seller can't provide details. The seller's response to my inquiry was, "The dealer who supplied this one is beyond repute and we did a lot of checking to make sure everything was right and the dial style is identical to the original design."
I was just about to ask what others think of the DJ as a "dress watch." As I have been looking at chronos, it occurred to me that I don't really have a true dress watch. My 1965 DJ is the closest, but not sure the bracelet works for formal.I do love the Reverso as a dress watch.
Thoughts on the merits / cons of these, which are all surprisingly in my budget. 5513 Rolex Submariner (1.7M Serial #) Omega "Ed White" Speedmaster Heuer Carrera 45
Still looking for a vintage chrono, but a general question about "tool" watches in the meantime. The big two categories that I see are diver or chronographs. I might possibly need to time something (a 3 minute egg say), but I don't anticipate ever needing to descend 660 ft underwater. What is the appeal of the diver watch other than the association with Bond?
http://mentawatches.com/inventory/ollech-wajs-diver-bakelite-bezel/
I also have an original LIDO as my daily grinder. It would be good for travel provided you are not flying. I use the Zass I linked earlier for air travel because it fits inside the Aeropress for a very compact and hard to break combo.
This is great if you don't need to grind more than around 17 grams at a time - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YIBVZM/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_g79_i4_sh
That pretty much describes any Gesha I have tasted. Light bodied, sweet/floral, tea like finish. Some love it, others don't. I happen to love it because it is so different from anything else. Plus, I buy green from Sweet Marias and roast at home, so my costs are lower.
If you mean the the Compax (Nina), that would be my first choice, but out of my price range. I like how the smaller case sits on the wrist. I am not a fan of a 40mm + case.