or Connect

Posts by scottcw

Finer mesh than the DiskFine from Able? Ordered to investigate.I use a Porlex mini at work set to 4 clicks counter-clockwise from closed. It does generate more fines than my other two grinders - an Orphan Espresso Lido for when brewing with a Hario woodneck and a Zassenhaus Panama Coffee Mill for Aeropress at home or when traveling.
That would bum me out, too.
I just received the English Tan Latigo version of the same derby. Considered the CXL, but decided it was too close to the SF MTO I recently received.
No longer available.
Yup, same problem, mainly on my left ankle. I use no show socks, but have to put a band-aid where the shoe hits my outer ankle bone. Also, discovered flapgate on the right shoe upon 2nd wear.
Yes, also on Carmina's kudu leather. Great stuff, recommend the neutral.
More oils and more fines. With the same grind size as paper filters, I found it to have too much fines. I increased the grind size slightly (equivalent to one click on a porlex mini) and that gave a great result. Noticeably more body without the fines.
I believe Able spun off independent from Coava to focus on the Kone and Disk. They have added a few other products since. I recently picked up the DiskFine for the Aeropress and am very happy with the results. I was hesitant to order because the first generation Kone never gave good results in the cup. I have read that the 3rd generation Kone is much closer to paper filters.
Second voyage for the MTO natural CXL derbies today. Love the variations of shading in the CXL leather as it breaks in.
I am seriously tempted by the derby in Latigo leather to see if the leather is thinner than the CXL from the MTO that just arrived. $665 includes express FedEx shipping.