or Connect

Posts by scottcw

Considering that I already own 4 navy suits and 3 brown suits, which should I add? This is already paid for, I just need to decide on color.
I am way ahead if confusing which varietal of coffee I roasted is the worst mistake of mine that the world knows about.
Boy is my face red. I went to roast my next batch this morning and realized that my last roast was not Gesha, but Ethiopia Yrgacheffe meant to be roasted to 2nd crack. The notes say, "Wild, spicy, individual nature" which I tasted as effervescent.Glad that I didn't butcher the Gesha like I thought. I did roast the Gesha this morning, still a little over (16.5%), but acceptable.
Yes, he included the service papers. The work was done by Gil-Bonnet, not Rolex. I agree with your point that even Rolex would not cover a cracked crystal. Lesson learned.
Thanks for joining just to contribute this insight.
I bought it from a local seller second hand. He stated, "the movement was totally overhauled in Switzerland in April, 2014, and service papers are provided" but I would have to check if the work was done by Rolex. Even if it was, would they honor the work for a person other than the one who paid for the overhaul?
Speaking of service, my '65 Rolex Datejust got some water in it this past Saturday, condensation formed on the crystal, and it stopped running yesterday. The good news is that I got it in for service before any rust started forming. The bad news is that they need to do a complete service at $500. I asked how water got past the screw down crown and they said the crystal is cracked near the bezel. The bummer is that I don't know if the crystal got cracked during the time it...
I brewed two cups of the Gesha today, one a pour over using the Kone and the other in the Aeropress. The best way to describe Gesha is "effervescent." Even though I way over-roasted, it still retains the same mouth feel as the best sparkling water. Unfortunately, the floral/fruit qualities were subdued due to my poor roast. Still good cups, just not outstanding as I have come to expect from Gesha.
Exactly what I think of the Submariner being worn by people who never get wet unless it rains or a Daytona/Speedmaster being worn by people whose mode of transport is of the public variety.
Apropos of nothing other than my incessant curiosity, I really like the Pita Barcelona dive watches as the ultimate alternative to a Submariner. 2000m and 5000m options.