or Connect

Posts by scottcw

I bought the Behmor 1600 (now I see they have released the 1600 Plus, damn it) from Sweet Maria's - http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/roast-coffee/drum-roasters/behmor/behmor-1600-roaster-7232.html.It comes with 8 lbs of green coffee to get you started. My one tip for a beginning roaster is resist the urge to hit the "cool" button early. It took me six months before I was comfortable letting the roast hit 2nd crack (if that is the profile I am targeting). The Behmor manual...
This arrives today.Did you get the grind size down?
"Trying to be all things to everyone is a pretty good way to ensure that you won’t be something special to anyone." Could be applied to most brands, watches, clothing, et al.
How much does replacement dial and hands impact the value of a Rolex Explorer I 1016?
I would not do #2 for the reasons you mention. But I appreciate suggestions of reputable dealers to scour.
Anyone? Bueller?Budget up to $5K.
Have yet to decide on dress or sport. Up to $5K?
Per my previous post, any recommendations for reputable sources for a watch from 1965 (my birth year)? Thinking Rolex or Omega. Thanks!
Yeah, I think the dial is a replacement. I think I will pass.
I am considering a birth year watch to celebrate my 50th. Opinions on the Tudor 7928 Sub? This one is listed at $2800. "As you can see, the watch has been worn a few times. The minute hand is losing some of its insert material. The dial appears to be a Rolex service dial. Case is original. Bezel is missing the little dot in the triangle (at 50 years, you may be missing a little of your luster as well.) Sets, runs and bezels nicely. No moisture gets in. Otherwise, the...