or Connect

Posts by scottcw

For some reason, I don't mind the date on the Stowa since it is at 6:00 instead of the usual 3:00. I don't even mind 3:00 if it is offset so as to not replace the numeral.
Then he is an idiot. Never store in the freezer. The last thing coffee beans need is humidity. There are air sealed bags for storing coffee.
Very nice. Congrats on getting it back. I actually prefer that to a Speedy. Heresy, I know.
Thanks guys, I blush! I wouldn't call myself a "top contributor" compared to many on this thread. I am thankful that I have the means and took the time to find pieces that spoke to me. You may have noticed that both these watches have no branding, unless the "Lancaster, PA - USA" on the RGM would be considered branding. This is a theme I will continue to explore. After all, none of my clothing has obvious branding.
A Roland G. Murphy (RGM) Model 22 they did as a limited edition for the Equation of Time website.Sidling up to my OuJ...
I picked it up from the first owner for $700. Not bad for a watch that listed for $1800.
Nothing as fancy as a minute repeater or a tourbillon, but the unboxing of my latest...
Nicely done, let's not stop at one.
Great info from A Y. My tips for pour over for those still wanting to try. This was over a year of trying various methods. Ratio - 20 grams beans to 300ml water (Woodneck or V60) or 40 grams beans to 600ml water (Chemex). I find my favorite cafes (Four Barrel, Stumptown) use this ratio. A burr grinder is HIGHLY recommended. Thoroughly rinse the filter with hot water before adding grounds. After dumping the ground beans into the filter, shake it several times to force...
More poetry, please. Maybe some haikus.