or Connect

Posts by scottcw

That would mean roasting another batch darker. I would not go through a double batch before it went stale.
Do y'all have any tricks or favorite brew methods for light roasts? Every once in a while I will end a roast slightly too early on my Behmor and I don't want to toss the batch.
I found them over-roasted when I moved to SF area in 2006 and the same when I left last summer.
Good call. Forgot about them.
The usual suspects are Four Barrel, Sightglass, Ritual, and Blue Bottle. The last is overpriced and over-roasted for my tastes.
While all of the above is true regarding beans, water, and burr set, do not overlook how the burr set is implemented. Some cheaper grinders use a good burr set, but the adjustment mechanism or bearings are wonky. This results in the same inconsistent grind as a lesser quality burr set. I have seen some articles recommending using tape to keep the burr set stable. For home use, I use the original OE Lido. For travel, I use the Zassenhaus Panama.
How about those Ochs und Junior watches?
Why, yes. Love my annual calendar. I might eventually change the dial color, but an elegantly understated watch. Some might find it a bit on the thick side, but I have a vintage DJ for dressier occasions.The ETA base does not bother me given the amount of ingenuity in reducing an annual calendar to 5 gears. I see they just introduced a perpetual calendar. Want.
With 18 options between the 2 make ups, are there any that stand out in person? It's hard to tell from a swatch on a computer screen.