or Connect

Posts by scottcw

Would love to see some stuff online if there is anything unsold. Hard to get there from San Francisco. 23" chest, 18.5-19" shoulders, 16.5-17 neck size.
Send to Viberg. I found out the hard way that they are the only place that can keep the double row stitching. The stitching on my boondocker resole is awful and it was done by a highly reputable place.
Saved myself $1400.
XL Thedi bomber already sold out? Wow.
I grind finer for Chemex than the chart indicates, more toward what they have for siphon. I base it on extraction time. If it takes less time than my target, I grind finer. If it is takes longer than my target, coarser.
Salt also enhances good flavors.
I add a few grains of salt to every cup.
This occurred to me this morning. Think of roasting coffee as a chef adding salt to food. There is a point where the salt enhances the flavors without tasting "salty." Anything less and the flavors are subdued, anything more and the taste of salt masks the flavors of the dish. There is the same sweet spot with roasting.
Yes, please.
Arguing with people on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. I choose not to run. That said, having spent countless hours learning about home roasting and brewing and doing it myself for over 3 years, Joshua is a wealth of practical and accurate information. Arguing with him if you don't have his expertise is like a consumer telling Edward Green how they should make shoes, because, hey, wearing shoes makes you an expert on...