or Connect

Posts by indialogue

Hi guys, love this thread. Wanted to ask you all for some strap recommendations for my Poor Man's Watch. It's a 49-year old HMT Citizen manual winding watch from India, that my grandfather gifted to my dad and has now passed on to me. It's got 18mm lugs and a faded/chipped gold case as you can see in the pictures below. Its on a cheapo black leather strap right now I'm thinking of maybe an exotic leather strap like croc/lizard in black? and maybe a deployment buckle?...
Quote: Originally Posted by click here Are these the same product? http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/keyword...ct-is-00103772 http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/keyword...ct-is-00111762 If not, what is the difference? The one that mentions size "C" is womens width
Quote: Originally Posted by Robert Argh. Sorry Robert Quote: Originally Posted by obnavox3 I don't know how much help this would be for you but I usually wear a 10D in sneakers and the 8.5D was the right size for Clarks Suede boots for me. The suede ones break in a lot. It's thin, soft leather. I wear a 9 in Redwing GTs and a 9.5 in Frye boots generally. Most people seem to say 1/2 size down, but I'd recommend going one...
Quote: Originally Posted by mlyngard I think 27 is a good age to start reaching more in the shoe department. Expand to have more shoes for different occasions, not two pair for everything. Those aren't bad as weekender kickers, but shoes, to me, are becoming more of a worthy investment and less of a disposable, casual purchase these days. Good, well chosen ones should last years. And most guys can pull off more mature shoes post-college. I'm...
Need some sizing help on Clarks DBs. I have a pair of Clarks boat shoes in size 8 that fit snug with athletic socks (not that I wear them so) and size 9 in Chuck Taylors likewise. What size would you recommend? Are there any sizing/stretching differences between the suede and leather versions I should be aware of? Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira Both of these look fucking atrocious Not flamebait would like to know your opinion on why. Am genuinely curious [quote=mlyngard;2798617]I wouldn't consider either for semi-formal anything, sweetie. Or even wear them close to a tie, blazer, etc. Maybe jeans and chinos only if that style shoe was my thing. I just think they're essentially sneakers without a 'sneaker' look. Depending on your age, they...
Hi, this is my first post so please be gentle Would like to get your opinion on which shoe to get from the two below. Would like it to be useful for both semi-formal (dressy but not suited-up) as well as casual occasions. Which one do you think would work out better? Thanks for your inputs!