or Connect

Posts by Curious_George

I love how the model looks like a fifteen year who rubbed dirt on his face because he couldn't grow any real facial hair (I'm not buying that five o'clock shadow).
Anyone know what the sizing is like on the Italian made CO-OP Barney's footwear (specifically their boots)? I'm considering a pair but I normally take 11.5 and they only seem to offer 11 and 12. Also, how is the quality?
Quote: Originally Posted by CityHunter Brown shoes + Black pants (in most cases, I suppose) I don't agree with that one at all. There may be certain shades that don't work together, but I often find brown shoes/boots look great with black jeans. As an example,
Quote: Originally Posted by sushijerk Not sure if ppl are on this already but Sierra Trading Post has some more Tricker's on sale. There's also a 35% coupon with free shipping going on for Memorial Day so Burfurd boots are coming in at around $317. Not sure if this is a good price but I see there's a lot of interest in Trickers from previous threads. Is this an email coupon? I only received 30% without free shipping in my email
Currently selling Samurai S0130XJ in my sig. But I would also possibly consider trades for Levi's LVC 1915 501, Nom De Guerre classic fit grey selvedge (or possibly other colors), and Warehouse #700s in size 30 and new or similarly worn condition.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cahrin I called last week to check on sizing and was told 4-6 weeks. Placed my order right in the middle of the sale. 4-6 weeks more? I was told 4-5 when I ordered (near the beginning of the sale) and we should be coming up on that soon. What leather did you order? Someone mentioned they are doing them in batches, so maybe some of the leathers are taking longer than others.
What constitutes a high or low rise I believe also depends on your height. My most comfortable rise seems to be between 10.5" and 11", which might seem kind of high to some people. But I'm 6ft with naturally longer legs and rise. When I wear something around 10.5" they fall low enough that they look like a mid-low rise on me. What sucks is that I'm only a 30/31 waist, which makes it difficult to even find a 10.5" rise. I don't know why rise is tied exclusively to waist...
Quote: Originally Posted by sazon The NB 574, which can be had for the $50-60 range is almost the same sneaker, IMO, though not made in the USA. I love mine. Super comfy for my flat feet. Great color choices as well. I feel the J.Crew 1400s have a much nicer shape than Chinese made 574s. vs 574 always look too stubby and short for my taste. But purportedly the new US made Custom 574s are an improvement on that shape (may order...
Quote: Originally Posted by bl@ster I've tried the 5 pockets in raw from Bean Signature and I have to say I think they're awesome. Price is right. Denim looks very nice and somewhat formal. Fit is also excellent. Fits like a cross between 514 and 501 -- very slim and flattering. Buy em! Is the rise closer to the 514 or 501? I don't care for a low rise jean. 501s fit me great except I wish they were slightly slimmer in the thighs and more...
That's a bummer about the delay. I wonder what leather order they have in mind? I ordered on like the second day of the sale and was told about 4 weeks, but it sounds like I might have to contact them to see if that has changed.