or Connect

Posts by Curious_George

ceoceo's post reminded me of this song, But as to not be completely unhelpful, I own a pair of Mountain Light II's and think they're fantastic boots. Without knowing why you're looking into them, I can't unconditionally recommend them though. They're sturdy/heavy duty hiking boots and probably are not the best choice if you just want something for casual winter(?) wear.
Isn't it pretty simple to remove a Topy? Why not have them remove it and keep that pair?
Even if it didn't have the giant scorpion? I think it's a pretty cool/wearable jacket otherwise.
I don't recall people complaining about quality issues with the original W&H boot. And while I can't speak for my new pair since they've barely been used, my other pair of Dayton boots that I've had for about a year now have held up fine. There has definitely been some quality control issues with this run of boots, but I don't feel like it speaks for Dayton as a whole. So far I'm very satisfied with my new service boots.
The 511 has never worked for me because of the low rise and the 501 is nice but could benefit from more of a taper. So I guess this cut has me interested if it isn't just a variation on the 514.
I'd say Islander's assessment is correct as far as the front of the boot goes; my EE is comparable in the ball and toe box to some boots I have in D width. The heel is a little wider than a standard D though. Since I have a wide forefoot and narrow heel the EE was my only choice, but it also means the heel is a little loose without an insole (which I wear anyway, so ultimately not a big deal for me).
I just took a couple of quick shots. Snakes pics probably reflect the oiled black boots better than mine, however.and with flash
My oiled blacks arrived today. First impression is that I love the oiled black leather even more than I thought I would (much better than the pebbled black that W&H used imo). I ordered 11EE and I'm a 12 Brannock and they fit maybe a little loose without insoles and a little tight in the vamp with them but good otherwise (I think the vamp will stretch with some wear). But since I have to wear an insole I intended to size them with that in mind. Length wise they're about...
I've had good experiences with both BiG and Schaeffers Garment Hotel (believe the latter was formerly involved with Denim Doctors).
Quote: Originally Posted by Master Milano feel like its missing something, maybe a nice cardigan! Definitely needs a belt imo. Shirt tuck and trousers without a belt always looks a little off to me.