or Connect

Posts by Curious_George

Double monks with a thick crepe (?) sole make no sense to me. That's like a Chelsea boot with a creeper sole. I can't say I much care for the trend of throwing thick soles on every style of shoe (apparently regardless of whether they look good together or not).
I would be interested to know how those run as well. I'm a UK 11 in Tricker's Stow and 11.5 in a lot of US stuff like RW and Alden. I'm wondering if the UK11 would be way too big or not (I'm afraid 10 would be too small).
Agree. Also, not really a great color for F/W imo (SS coat is awesome on the other hand).
Still only 35% off. Not very exciting so far.
Is Roden Gray's boxing day sale just in store? I checked online but I didn't see any new discounts.
To me it sounds like you need a wider boot. The Hawthorne model comes in 2E. I would suggest trying it in 10.5 2E instead of sizing up to 11.
Which Red Wings fit you perfectly? My Mountain Light IIs are the same size as all my Red Wings (except the Danners are EE and feel more like a D width). My Red Wing GTs are longer than the Danners while my RW 1907 pair is about the same length.
I just picked up a couple pairs of black 521s to try out so I thought I'd share my thoughts. I'm a normal 30 and I ordered them in 28 and 29. Both pairs are about two sizes larger than tagged size in the waist. The 29 fit is a little too loose in the thighs on me for the size of the hem (if you wanted a looser carrot fit they'd probably be good). The fit of the 28 is pretty good, however. The thighs are genuinely slim on me and the rise is pretty comfortable at around...
None of those have very good traction for snow boots. I would suggest one of the Mountain Lights with Vibram Kletterlift soles (they're great for everything, including actual hiking).
Is there anywhere I can find the BBQ 501s in 30-34? It's always so difficult to track down my size in Levi's shrink to fit. I don't know why they only seem to offer size 30/31 waist with 32 inseam when they're shrink to fit jeans that lose 2-3 inches of inseam after shrinking!