or Connect

Posts by Curious_George

Which Red Wings fit you perfectly? My Mountain Light IIs are the same size as all my Red Wings (except the Danners are EE and feel more like a D width). My Red Wing GTs are longer than the Danners while my RW 1907 pair is about the same length.
I just picked up a couple pairs of black 521s to try out so I thought I'd share my thoughts. I'm a normal 30 and I ordered them in 28 and 29. Both pairs are about two sizes larger than tagged size in the waist. The 29 fit is a little too loose in the thighs on me for the size of the hem (if you wanted a looser carrot fit they'd probably be good). The fit of the 28 is pretty good, however. The thighs are genuinely slim on me and the rise is pretty comfortable at around...
None of those have very good traction for snow boots. I would suggest one of the Mountain Lights with Vibram Kletterlift soles (they're great for everything, including actual hiking).
Is there anywhere I can find the BBQ 501s in 30-34? It's always so difficult to track down my size in Levi's shrink to fit. I don't know why they only seem to offer size 30/31 waist with 32 inseam when they're shrink to fit jeans that lose 2-3 inches of inseam after shrinking!
Searched but didn't find an answer to this. Since Jcrew doesn't seem to have any burgundy/wine cords left I'm looking at LEC's Merlot pair. Does anyone know if the slim fit cords fit similar to the slim jeans (I have a pair of those already)?
I have two pairs. One tapered and one straight. Both are quite a bit larger in the waist than tagged. I would probably suggest sizing down 2-3 sizes if you don't have large thighs/thick legs.
I'm a little late to this thread so I don't know what UO was asking for the 60/40, but I checked out a couple places that were asking $400 for their mountain parka. From what I've followed on Ebay, vintage ones often go for less than a third of that. $400 seems awfully high for an item like this. Especially since you can frequently find vintage Made in USA models from other manufacturers for under $50 on Ebay that look 90% identical to Sierra Design's 60/40.
I can say from experience that Christ Wedge soles are not great for winter wear (very slippery on ice). For winter you want a lug sole imo. Here's a couple decent looking pairs under $200.http://workingperson.com/footwear-1/mens-work-boots/motorcycle-boots/chippewa-boots-soft-toe-motorcycle-boots-25290-106376.htmlhttp://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-chippewa-20082-6-inch-lace-up-tan-rodeo-p_id243928
ceoceo's post reminded me of this song, But as to not be completely unhelpful, I own a pair of Mountain Light II's and think they're fantastic boots. Without knowing why you're looking into them, I can't unconditionally recommend them though. They're sturdy/heavy duty hiking boots and probably are not the best choice if you just want something for casual winter(?) wear.
Isn't it pretty simple to remove a Topy? Why not have them remove it and keep that pair?