or Connect

Posts by ringring

Thanks for the link erbs I haven't worn Fullcount 1108s for about a year, since my last pair wore out. I've been wearing the excellent McHill 555s (also mentioned in that linked thread) and various other jeans. Regarding the 1108s : Although I have enough jeans to last this lifespan, the Fullcounts are the only jeans that I have kept an untouched, factory fresh pair in case Fullcount ever cease production. Back to the original subject, I think the jeans look...
Without having to set the collar on fire, try this; Run your fingers through the fur until to get to the root of the hair. Then look at the base. Fake fur will typically be on a woven or knitted base, whereas real fur will, naturally, have a skin base.
Measurement from top corner of back pocket to side seam, PBJ 005 - 4.5cm Full Count 1108 - 4.5cm The Full Count's have a slightly longer top edge to the pockets. There's about 1cm difference. They're a great pair of jeans. I think the biggest difference between the PBJs and the FCs is the length of the rise and the fabric. I wouldn't find the pocket placement an obstacle.
Quote: Originally Posted by v84 Full Count 1108, they are slim but Ive heard that the thigh is a smidgin looser than the pbj 005. Personally the wide spaced back pockets irk me. Just for your information, I have both jeans in front of me in the same size. The pockets on the PBJ 005 are actually spaced further apart than the Full Count's. Not by too much, but around 1.5cm difference. The thigh measurements are very similar. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by poly800rock i had the xx-003 as well...it still kind of blows my mind this issue isn't brought up like everyday since so many people have them now...you really do have to go commando in those jeans to make it somewhat comfortable. I think I mentioned the thickness of the crotch almost a year ago. This is an area where many thicknesses of denim converge, and it's the thick part of any jeans. The PB's feature an...
Deleting a double post.
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda Yes, Japan made a remarkable transformation in the quality of the goods they produce, but that transformation took many decades... but "Made in Macau" translates to... "Made in Macau" today. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth... Maybe someday (fifty years hence?) we will covet goods made in Macau. But that's a long way off. At least with the Nudies you know they're coming from a workshop in Italy staffed with...
Yeah, 'Vertical Falling" is just a bad google translation for vertical fading This is indeed caused by the ringspun yarn. If you can picture all the vertical yarns in a loom (warp yarns - the indigo carrying threads) are all spun in a way that the yarn is uneven. So it means that on the surface of the fabric some of the vertical yarns will stick out more than others. These will be the yarns that get subjected to abrasion first. So what you will get is some...
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn Raw denim isn't necessarily the same as dry denim. Raw denim hasn't been washed, dry denim may have been washed once or twice. Dry means it hasn't been washed or distressed to give artificial wear marks. Some dry denims bleed more than others. Just be aware of things around you. The best way to ensure the excessive indigo has been washed off is...wash them off. After a lot of wear, the indigo will also be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD Sounds like it's not denim then? How about a picture or something? Denim is by definition cotton twill. No diagonal rib (unless it's a zig-zag, indicative of broken twill) means it's not denim. There are indigo-dyed fabrics which are not denim... Denim is usually a twill weave. It's sometimes a broken twill weave (as Brian mentioned), and sometimes a plain weave (1x1). I've recently just seen a satin...