or Connect

Posts by ringring

Props to Touitou and Erixon. My question regarding the histories of GAP, APC and Nudie was, I guess, rhetorical. The point I was trying to make was that GAP's history is at least as long (started by husband & wife team from one shop in '69) and distinguished as the other two brands mentioned. (APC started in '87, Nudie in 2001). Personally, I find a lot of merit in clothing that doesn't demand attention - and for me, that includes APC & Nudie jeans. It's a nice change...
There is an importance in brand history and culture - ask any Levi's freak. I'll drink to that all right. I wonder how GAPs history compares to APC and Nudie? Hey mods, things are pretty chilled at my end. I guess those winky smilies just aren't winky or smiley enough LOL. They need a tongue-firmly-in-cheek smiley. You guys have my full respect, even if you don't wear GAP lol.
The baking soda will make them smell nice and fresh though And get them lighter too if you wash with the soda.
Quote: Starching (i.e. using sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda, to coat them) makes the jeans, which become soft over repeated wearings, stiff again, which makes the whiskering process more pronounced, the same as when you first got the jeans.  The "yellowing" effect on the thighs will occur if you are not the type that is afraid to sit on public benches, and are the type that will wipe their hands on their jeans after washing, one of the original bonuses of...
[quote=LA Guy,April 25 2005,08:09] Quote: In fact, I would say that a real denimhead, (of which many of us are), who buys and wears GAP jeans irregardless that they are considered crap by his (or her, but most denimfreaks are guys) peers and who actually doesn't give a damn that it's not 5EPs, Corpus, APC, or whatever, is a guy with some real balls.   I'm not sure if I qualify as a denimhead, but I wear GAP jeans on occaision. To paraphrase my...
The Lefties are nice. I've only seen (so far, in the flesh) LHs in the 101 style (high back). The 103s are kinda like a Levi's 66. Low back yoke. BTW Denime released a 21oz pair a month or two ago.
Both are nice. Veg indigo 103s especially.
Here's some definitions from Cake's list: Acid washing The quick definition can be summed up in one word, "horrible" LOL. Aka "Snow wash". This technique reared it head up in Italy in the late 80s. Basically you soak your pumice stones in bleach and tumble them with the jeans. Then neutralise. Stone washing French husband & wife team, Marithe & Francois Girbaud claim to have pioneered this technique of washing jeans in a machine with small pumice stones. Independently,...
- wearing effects are much more visible if you do NOT wash your dry denim jeans for X months. Not necessarily. Depends on the amount of abrasion you subject your jeans to. You can get great results from one-wash jeans, and also great results from more frequent washing. Look around the web and you'll see plenty of photos to support this. There's a few listed on this link. Look at the Eternals and the Sugar Canes. Both worn from One-Wash state, not raw, and washed many...
Quote: Quote: (ringring @ April 10 2005,01:06) Thanks for the welcome LA Guy. Honored to be here and look forward to learning from you all. Welcome again- really glad to see you here. Thanks for the warm welcome Charles. Glad to be here.