Posts by cross22

This is SF afterall. Much like bespoke clothing, many people with strong opinions on how homes should be built have never actually build one.
Custom or semi-custom? Also cluster/subdivision developers build mostly without input from people who will later buy them thus the word "stand alone" in #9's definition.
That is a good point actually. Also that not all home improvements need to yield a positive resell impact, some improvements are just for the owner's enjoyment (utility) rather than investments in property (not referring to Peeb's gas FP which I like a lot).
Idfnl needs to learn to share his views, which are not necessarily wrong, without being a gigantic douche online. I wouldn't be surprised if he is nothing of the sort in real life.
Power outage?
Looks great Emptym. I would say the trim is "almost" done until you dissolve the side door trim into that cabinet. :-)
Cool! What are you painting and what paint are you going to use?
I don't think 2X6 is even necessary except for accommodating thicker insulation. I have never heard of a house collapsing around here.
You really don't understand that different people have different preferences? What you should be saying is that for you, that is the right level of quality and price point. By no means is that an objective measure beyond which spending is idiotic. It's like saying a Ford is the right quality car and anyone who pays for a more expensive car is an idiot.
Lolz. You can pick up a bunch of illegals from 7/11 and have them do a bunch of work for cheap. You can't compare that to hiring a professional who will do a quality job, carry appropriate insurance and licenses, use quality material, and warranty his work. Or you could do the job yourself and save a bunch of money. To each his own.