or Connect

Posts by Mike147

Does Orvis or the Barbour stores in NYC ever run sales on Beaufort, Bedale, etc? Thinking post-XMAS if it makes sense to wait... I won't limit myself to the above two retailers - just looking for someone with legit inventory and good customer service... I have 2 Filson Weekenders - love them but I really love the look of the Bedale...
I have a pair of Alden Perf Cap Toes in Shell Color #8 - 9.5 EEE on the Modified Last - Willing to consider parting with them. This was a custom one-pair make-up from Alden
Are you referring to boots or shoes? For shoes - I do think that the sizes have changed a bit. Look for an earlier post from me for more details.. I don't think you can directly compare boot fit to shoe fit.
There's a 30% off sale coming up - One day sale on OCtober 18th.... You're in college, save the money!Or buy from LL Bean - even cheaper
I know I'm many, many months away (6 months) from a first fitting but the question is - How should be-spoke shoes fit? I've read comments by forum members that mention that bespoke shoes fit differently than RTW - I've been wearing 'blah' fitting shoes for so long that it's difficult for me to get my arms around what that means. Does anyone have a cross-post or article that discusses fit and comfort? Opinions welcome - I have to believe that there are many different...
Did your friend seek a similar solution? I'd love to hear about it...
I met with George Glasgow today in New York and ordered my first pair of bespoke shoes. I was hoping to travel to Vienna to try out an Austro-Hungarian shoemaker but due to a very hectic family & work schedule I just don't see it happening any time soon. George comes to NY at least 2 times per year and I plan to travel to London in the next 6 months for a quick business trip. In addition, his reputation is stellar, so I really feel like this is my best option. I use a...
What cordwainer made the shoes?
\There is a pattern on the ML in the Footbalance Catalogue - This is the shoe:http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod_598.htmI think Moulded would consider this but again - not in Shell.Alden is only making two styles for regular runs on the FB line - The V-Tip and Captoe. Everything else is a special make-up - however, if you can create a shoe from the catalogue, it is possible:http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod.htmVariations of these models should look familiar to...
Where are these from? Lovely...