or Connect

Posts by Mike147

Would love to see photos! I have a pair of perf cap toes bluchers that were made this year. Having some issues with the fit given that i wear orthotics so I am hoping to have some adjustments made and order another pair.
Eustace, Did you visit Maftei in Vienna? I'm curious as to whether one of the shoemakers / last makers from Vienna will be making the trip to NYC (fairly critical I think). Out of curiosity, what type of shoes did Maftei make for you? Thanks, Mike147
Not surprised to see Moulded quickly making good on the deposits. They know everyone that dropped a depo is either an existing customer or a potential future customer and they 'get it' in relation to the frustration in waiting on Alden to confirm special orders. I'd be willing to bet a large majority of those who dropped Depo's will buy something else from Moulded rather than take the cash back. Rafael doesn't want to sell you one pair of shoes - he wants you to be a...
How's P2 in shape versus say VASS Banana Last? -Separate Note - Sorry that you guys are still waiting for your order though Alden. I hope it get accepted by them soon.
Wonderful shoes Sdolina - they came out great. How do they fit?
Some choices - for Sneakers - New Balance makes widths for sure and I think they are of high quality. Would also look at Ecco, Mephisto, Abeo and Orthaheel - if you go into a 'comfort' shoe store you're going to find a lot of casual shoes and summer sandals that will work. Any good sneaker / runners shop will also be able to fit you in a comfortable pair of casual sneaker - issue here is that the style you like the best may not always be the one that is best for your...
I need to clarify my question here - if anyone has actual experience in shipping to proxies or retailers in central and eastern europe - I would ask you to please take a look. Just looking for tips from people with experience in shipping in and out of the region. I know that others have had this issue before. Thanks, Mike147
Shipping from the USA to Austria - Getting from Point A to Point B without getting into a bureaucratic mess: I had some problems after recently shipping a pair of shoes for repair back to Austria (from my home in the US - I shipped via USPS Priority) - The local post in Austria tried to hit the retailer with a very big tax (maybe VAT) upon receipt of the item. They just can't over the fact that the retailer is not purchasing the item, it is simply an item that has already...
Shipping from the USA to Austria - Getting from Point A to Point B without getting into a bureaucratic mess: I had some problems after recently shipping a pair of shoes for repair back to Austria (from my home in the US - I shipped via USPS Priority) - The local post in Austria tried to hit the retailer with a very big tax (maybe VAT) upon receipt of the item. They just can't over the fact that the retailer is not purchasing the item, it is simply an item that has...
I am referring to feet for sure - I think there is a good degree of subjectivity to fit and I am accustomed to RTW shoes. So trying to better assess how tight is too tight when looking at bespoke and MTM. Sometimes I have to really break in and walk miles before I know for sure.