or Connect

Posts by Mike147

Just brush and buff and don't reapply more wax for now - You should be fine...
Says it's imported... That says it all. If it was made in Italy/England/etc it would denote the country. So what you're getting is a $318.00 shoe made that's likely made in China and made to look like the Alden long-wings they sell in another section of their website. $318 for these shoes is very very steep.... I'm willing to bet they cost less than $100 to produce, including delivery to the US. I bet they'll sell like hot cakes
My two cents: I will definitely attend this trunk show and would encourage others to do so as well. I have one pair of shoes from Maftei that I had made earlier this year - I worked with Lucian and found him to be very flexible and responsive. I have very big problems with fit and comfort given the medical issues I have with my feet and knees and Lucian has gone the extra mile to accommodate. I am in the final stage of getting an excellent fit with Maftei and ready to...
I will definitely attend this trunk show and would encourage others to do so as well. I have one pair of shoes from Maftei that I had made earlier this year - I worked with Lucian and found him to be very flexible and responsive. I have very big problems with fit and comfort given the medical issues I have with my feet and knees and Lucian has gone the extra mile to accommodate. I am in the final stage of getting an excellent fit with Maftei and ready to order a second...
Would love to see photos! I have a pair of perf cap toes bluchers that were made this year. Having some issues with the fit given that i wear orthotics so I am hoping to have some adjustments made and order another pair.
Eustace, Did you visit Maftei in Vienna? I'm curious as to whether one of the shoemakers / last makers from Vienna will be making the trip to NYC (fairly critical I think). Out of curiosity, what type of shoes did Maftei make for you? Thanks, Mike147
Not surprised to see Moulded quickly making good on the deposits. They know everyone that dropped a depo is either an existing customer or a potential future customer and they 'get it' in relation to the frustration in waiting on Alden to confirm special orders. I'd be willing to bet a large majority of those who dropped Depo's will buy something else from Moulded rather than take the cash back. Rafael doesn't want to sell you one pair of shoes - he wants you to be a...
How's P2 in shape versus say VASS Banana Last? -Separate Note - Sorry that you guys are still waiting for your order though Alden. I hope it get accepted by them soon.
Wonderful shoes Sdolina - they came out great. How do they fit?
Some choices - for Sneakers - New Balance makes widths for sure and I think they are of high quality. Would also look at Ecco, Mephisto, Abeo and Orthaheel - if you go into a 'comfort' shoe store you're going to find a lot of casual shoes and summer sandals that will work. Any good sneaker / runners shop will also be able to fit you in a comfortable pair of casual sneaker - issue here is that the style you like the best may not always be the one that is best for your...