or Connect

Posts by Mike147

I'm really not sure but I assume they will be bringing samples. I would recommend that you send an email to them at the address listed above.Let me say that I hope they will have samples - they runs these shows pretty regularly in Europe but it's more difficult to lug/ship a full compliment of samples back / forth to New York and Boston.
I can picture the hipters and wanna be hipsters checking these Ludlow shoes out saying, "wow - they're only $300! I've gotta get me a pair or two'"I think it's a masterstroke of marketing - 4-5 years of "in good company" marketing of Alden, followed by a blatant ripoff of the Alden shoes they've been selling. These are gonna sell - and they aren't discounted along with everything else on the site at the moment... They are trying to elevate these shoes to Alden status...
The arch support we refer to is built into the last - it's driven by the shape of the shoe as well as the type of heel installed. The very narrow waist is meant to accommodate a person with a high arch. The best way to see this is to look at the shoe from the sole side.While you can always add padding, etc under your arch, the ML Last design has arch support built into the shape. In additional, the Thomas heel adds to the arch support as the heel extends further...
Have you been able to find a Vass banana last that fits you?
I've had trouble getting a good fit with AE in the past with my orthotics to be honest. Just never enough room in the forefoot in EEE - some of the business casual shoes with removable inserts came close to working. The stiffness of the Alden sheel shank + ML high arch + ML thomas heel have been very good for me.. I'll stop by an AE corp store by my home to try on the '5' or '65' in EEE and see if it works but I am not hopeful
I can't find the 5 Last on their website.
If you are in the USA - you will pay far less for these shoes in NY - 720 Euro will run you about $1000 + shipping from europe. Alden shoe will be about $660
What size do you wear?Call the Alden store on Madison avenue.
Did you buy these in New York or Japan? Alden Shop had them...
Give Moulded a call or send Rafael an email - they should be able to get you an update.