or Connect

Posts by Mike147

I have a 2 pairs Alden Modified Last in 9.5EEE if anyone is interested. One pair is in Shell Color #8... They are too big for me. I've gone to be-spoke now. Not buying anymore RTW shoes and boots unless they're $250 waterproof boots. Bespoke is the way to go if you can afford to spend about $850-1000 a pair.
What size do you wear? You should be able to obtain the few basic styles rather easily and will have to wait on the custom make-ups.How much does Anatomica charge these days for Calf and for Shell? Just can't see paying more than current US retail equivalent for Alden - Low $700s is really the ceiling for hard to get custom make--up boots and shoes in shell. IMO, it would have to be something very special for you to drop that much cash on Alden.Haven't bought a new...
Anyone get any new shoes? Been very quiet here... Please post if you have anything!
You'd really need to try it on to see if it works for you...
First time I've seen Moulded Shoe add a U-Tip to the pipeline. https://instagram.com/p/zfXl-IOCBb/ Seems like a very nice looking shoe.... Anyone know how much calfskin make-ups are running?
That is a very nice looking shoe... Wouldn't know whether it's ML or another last - these guys are doing a great job with styling... Since they don't carry EEE and are charging $1000+, I'll stick with my bespoke Maftei at around the same price-point. I get a much better fit with Maftei and Alden just isn't comparable in terms of construction and materials. I will still buy ML from time to time and stick with my guys at Moulded Shoe but it will have to be something...
Alexandru is the father and Lucian is his son. Same family, same company, perhaps some slightly different philosophy on style but same high quality of construction, materials, customer service et-al... I have only dealt with Lucian - he's a great shoemaker and a damn nice guy.Not sure about the location - guess I care more about what's inside the shop than what's outside.Just saw that Maftei planning a NY Trunkshow on March 21st.
My second pair is en route from Lucian in Wien...
Well - I've never owned St. Crispin's so I can't provide a direct comparison. I don't think you can directly compare the two as Maftei is full bespoke and St. Crispin's is RTW with some possible fitting modifications and MTO in terms of component selection (you can choose your leather, sole, welt, etc).Maftei is much less expensive - You can pickup a pair of full bespoke shoes for under $1200 USD at current exchange rates (including the charge for the last on your first...
I inquired a few years ago - They do not stock EEE. Also - Alden will not make ML last boots in EEE... You will need to go with another last if you need 'em very WIDE