or Connect

Posts by Mike147

Nope - Don't think this business is going to take off...
I called Ghurka this week to discuss a few of their briefcase offerings. They are quite pricey but look quite beautiful IMO. The sales rep on the phone couldn't tell me exactly where the models I am interested in are produced but she is going to investigate for me. The key piece of information I received was that Ghurka is planning to move their major leather production items back to the USA - to CT to be exact. Not sure if they have been having some QC issues that...
I recently picked up a pair of PCT Brown from Moulded. Ended up having to return the Shell #8 V Tips to the Alden Shop - just couldn't get the right fit in shell (they're a touch bigger in shell).Tried on a few 9.5EEE at Moulded - they all felt bigger than normal, except for the Brown PCTs - so I bought em. Got home and realized that they were a 9EEE in a 9.5EEE box - a problem not caught by Alden on shipment. They fit so I kept them for sure but not sure what happened...
I think the seller should be a little more upfront about the fact that these are Irregulars - with the dreaded "R" Stamp on the bottom. Just my opinion....
I pay $3 in NYC and add $2 in tip, sometimes $3 I pay $18 for a haircut and tip $8 - plus another $20-$40 during the holidays
Suit is not a requirement for a B-School interview but it's rare that i've seen someone show up not wearing one.
I would go to Macy's and pickup a Polo Ralph Lauren Suit or something of that ilk. They will get it tailored for you fast - just make sure it fits well and looks the part. Focus on conservative - Solid Navy or Gray or something with a modest pinstripe... Buy some suits of higher quality when you have some more time - I think Macy's will do for next week. I wore a 'Polo' suit (inexpensive) from Macy's when I was in Business School and interviewing for Finance jobs and...
I called them - they are having issues with gmail account addresses and their system in general. If you call them, they can manually send you one...
The bottom is a pic out of the Alden catalogue - just not a very good pic at all
Can i please ask where you found them in Maine?