or Connect

Posts by Mike147

I've been on a search for a nice leather work bag for quite some time now. Been using a TUMI messenger for the past 8 years - It's help up well for sure but doesn't have handles and is made of ballistic nylon... Again - great messenger bag and in my experience, TUMI stands behind their product. I checked out their current offerings - don't love the styling in leather and most bags are produced in China, so for the pricepoint, I don't need a second TUMI bag... The first...
Very nice... What size do you wear?
There are more than 'irregular' - they are factory rejects (with Stamp), sold through a single source Globally - The ShoeMart. Seller clearly states in his post that they are irregular - agreed. I'm simply think that this should be more prominently displayed in the post.
My feet are normal, maybe D or single E - have a thick orthotic so EEE is all that fits. The EEE width does not do the Modified Last, or any last, any favors in terms if styling Will try to find some pics - there's one on AAAC for sure
I'll do a little more research before I order. In terms of construction - what have you guys gone with? I like a 'average sized' knot with dimple and usually go 1/2 Windsor. David seems to recommend 3-fold for his grenadine silks - no idea if it should be lined or unlined. Still considering width but I'm just going to measure the width of my favorite RTW tie and go with that...I saw patrickbooth's tie - he sold it. Really looks great - wish David had that color in...
How long have you guys been waiting for Standard Grenadine in terms of delivery? I'm thinking about ordering a few - all for suits, daywear, not evening wear... I wear suits for work, Monday thru Thursday and occasionally on Fridays Looking for one in Red/Wine - Checking the Dark Red One in Blue - Checking out the Navy and One is Silver / Gray - Checking out the Sky Blue/Silver or Charcoal Gray/Silver All in Grenadine Garza Fina Solid Ties... Any opinions on the above?...
Nope - Don't think this business is going to take off...
I called Ghurka this week to discuss a few of their briefcase offerings. They are quite pricey but look quite beautiful IMO. The sales rep on the phone couldn't tell me exactly where the models I am interested in are produced but she is going to investigate for me. The key piece of information I received was that Ghurka is planning to move their major leather production items back to the USA - to CT to be exact. Not sure if they have been having some QC issues that...
I recently picked up a pair of PCT Brown from Moulded. Ended up having to return the Shell #8 V Tips to the Alden Shop - just couldn't get the right fit in shell (they're a touch bigger in shell).Tried on a few 9.5EEE at Moulded - they all felt bigger than normal, except for the Brown PCTs - so I bought em. Got home and realized that they were a 9EEE in a 9.5EEE box - a problem not caught by Alden on shipment. They fit so I kept them for sure but not sure what happened...
I think the seller should be a little more upfront about the fact that these are Irregulars - with the dreaded "R" Stamp on the bottom. Just my opinion....