or Connect

Posts by Mike147

I think that this pair is just too big and I might be fucked... They were a special make-up, single pair, so I'm stuck with them. There is one very good shop in Manhattan i will try to consult on the fit....
Any idea retail in EURO?
Not TTS - I wear a thick orthotic
My PCT Shell #8 in 9.5EEE are too big and almost unwearable - Wonder if I can get them re-lasted as a 9EEE... I really love the way they look but even with an additional stuffed insole and tongue pad - can't get them comfortable. I think sizing in ML from Moulded has evolved - there is a difference in fit between the old FootBalance Duck Cotton lining and the new custom make-up fully leather lined shoes. I will only buy 9EEE going forward and will not order special...
Very nice Roguls... Very nice...
Thanks Dopey - As usual, you are a fountain of knowledge and experience in these matters. I will reach out to Foster & Son to see if they are able to meet my ortho needs. Still hoping for a trip to Vienna - but that involves a second trip to Vienna - not sure how it all shakes out in terms of cost.
BTW - sorry for the blast posts this morning. My Mac crashed a few weeks ago and we just replaced it... I'm still down for a ML Shoe special order in an exotic calf. Would prefer something other than a V-Tip... Something in a U Tip, NST in shell would be killer IMO...
Dopey - Is there a be-spoke maker you have worked with in the US that you can recommend? Did they build any padding / adjustments for you directly into the footbed?I know folks here love the Modified but all of my shoes are on the ML - and as a base line, it's not my favorite last. I want to travel to Vienna and order a pair (and take Fritzl out for for some Style Forum drinks) but haven't been able to get away from work/wife/kids.
The Alden Shop on Madison had a run of these last year in Shell Black & #8 - I assume they are all gone.... Now Moulded Shoe has an order in for them.. I have a few V-Tips and they are not my favorite style for sure...The fact that Alden would make a special run of any Modified Last Shell Cordovan for The Alden Shop(privately owned btw)/Leffot before Moulded Shoe is complete bullshit. The crew on 39th Street was very upset when they found out. These guys have been...
Rafael told me years ago that they tried ML on a Chukka and had some issues with fit - so the stopped making them and stuck with boots. I was surprised to see the Japanese Chukka Model - looked nice IMO.... I bet the Moulded guys would ultimately reject a Chukka request.