or Connect

Posts by Mike147

My original posts were meant to draw a distinction to the 'circle jerk' so eloquently referenced above - I've been following this thread for quite some time. Please re-read my full post that you quote from - it's meant to end the discussion.Maftei Full Bespoke thru Vienna - about $1100 + $100 for first last (that's minus VAT) - with lasted trees. Delivered in about 6 weeks. I've seen them in person a number of times and own a pair - they are excellent value and are very...
You can buy full bespoke AH shoes in Vienna for less than $1700 - Maftei is a very good example - but you really need to travel to Vienna. You can buy Vass RTW in Budapest for MUCH less than $1700 but they don't do trunkshows and have a very small presence in the US.I think the advantage to StC, you can find a Leffot, Leathersoul, Leatherfoot, etc that can help you dial in your StC fit, give you styling advice and advocate on your behalf for any ordering mishaps, etc. ...
Not quite sure you can get the same level of construction and finish from Vogel - but i have no experience with Vogel - never stopped in to see them. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience re: Vogel. If i recall correctly, the reviews on SF and AAAC have been mixed to negative but the sample size is pretty small.
http://www.saintcrispins.com/service/bespoke/I saw it on this link..
where is the thread?
I agree with you - if you want pink boots then buy them - it's your decision. MTO gives you virtually endless choices and if money isn't a concern, then spend away. I don't want to tell YOU how to spend your money. But again - I hope you don't buy pink StC boots.However, you can't underestimate the influence that these threads have on SF members and other guys just searching the web for "St. Crispin Shoes." If every comment on the thread is simply "congrats,...
I think you'll find my post above an adequate follow-up to my ugly post. I think they're ugly - but I respect that he thinks they are beautiful. We simply disagree.I think the knee-jerk reaction on this thread is to immediately compliment rather than critique. Lot's of money flying around for StC RTW and MTO - I think we should have a more critical eye. It's helpful in decision making.In general - I've been very impressed with what I've seen in this thread and...
I concur 100%...But I think we should be respectful and not necessarily polite on this forum.I wouldn't wear those boots nor would most men on this forum (at any price point). I hope the owner enjoys wearing them - I'm sure they were carefully selected and are lovingly maintained. And I believe in my heart that they are very well constructed.
These are quite ugly