or Connect

Posts by Mike147

What size do you wear in ML?
If you can attend an upcoming Trunk show, you can likely select a shoe from a much wider variety of styles than Leffot stocks and then pick your last, color and type of leather, etc. I suspect if you go to a trunk show - you will drop a lot of dough on StC...Maybe just wait for the Leffot trunk show next month and then pull the trigger.. Just don't bring too many bullets
For the guys who are posting all the good pics on this forum - using an iPhone or a real camera -OR- SLR or something like it?Using iPhone Cam or older Digi Cam, I never seem to get something as clear as the posts on this thread..**So not to Hijack thread.... Please send me private message if you have some suggestions. Thnks..
I think these are fantastic. StC as well or a different maker?
I prefer something more like this:http://the-shoe-aristocat.blogspot.com/2013/04/for-today-masaru-okuyama-creations.htmlI generally love the split toe styles - Just prefer something with the stitching further forward and with 4-5 eyelets.I've always loved the Alden NST (it was my first split toe love) but these are certainly much more elegant.
$4k's would be too high for me as well.
My original posts were meant to draw a distinction to the 'circle jerk' so eloquently referenced above - I've been following this thread for quite some time. Please re-read my full post that you quote from - it's meant to end the discussion.Maftei Full Bespoke thru Vienna - about $1100 + $100 for first last (that's minus VAT) - with lasted trees. Delivered in about 6 weeks. I've seen them in person a number of times and own a pair - they are excellent value and are very...
You can buy full bespoke AH shoes in Vienna for less than $1700 - Maftei is a very good example - but you really need to travel to Vienna. You can buy Vass RTW in Budapest for MUCH less than $1700 but they don't do trunkshows and have a very small presence in the US.I think the advantage to StC, you can find a Leffot, Leathersoul, Leatherfoot, etc that can help you dial in your StC fit, give you styling advice and advocate on your behalf for any ordering mishaps, etc. ...
Not quite sure you can get the same level of construction and finish from Vogel - but i have no experience with Vogel - never stopped in to see them. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience re: Vogel. If i recall correctly, the reviews on SF and AAAC have been mixed to negative but the sample size is pretty small.
http://www.saintcrispins.com/service/bespoke/I saw it on this link..