or Connect

Posts by Mike147

The Shell petition is dead... Alden is protecting their Japanese market - i don't see them changing their tune
I had a pair or two on the Barrie last before I started to wear ML. I don't think you'll get a good fit on another Alden last now that your are used to wearing the ML.If you live near NY, you can always check out the Alden Shop on Madison - they have a good selection and you can at least try on different lasts. Ive heard from one retailer that the Van last is closer to the ML than other lasts but I doubt it will feel the same. The ML also gives you a Thomas Heel which...
Any word on your shoes yet? you should get something by end of summer i think (but August vacations slow things down)
You should try on both but I think the bottom line here is that an E in the Barrie will be very close to an E in the Modified Last across the toes. The rest of the Modified Last shoe will be very different than the Barrie. The heel cup is much narrower and fit is much snugger across the instep. An E in the Modified will appear sleeker/narrower than an E in the Barrie but should provide you with similar 'volume' in the front of the shoe. I think you should try on an E...
I'm sure that Maftei will make you another pair of trees. If you are concerned about it, shoot them an email. The 3-piece trees that Gerd has posted pictures of on a few threads look awesome. The standard trees I have for my shoes are great.
But can you actually have a combination heel size custom made by Alden on the Barrie? Answer is certainly no. They do very little in the way of customization for clients these days...
Do the shoes still fit your feet?I don't think shoe trees need to fit your shoes like a glove in order to be functional. Hopefully they 'work' well which is most critical. I'd like to try the 3-piece trees next time as well.
By now the measurement is considered done and he told me to come back the next morning for fitting... Wow that is a short turn around time! Turn out he is flying off the following afternoon to meet his family in Oslo as the day after is a public holiday in Austria.  The following day... True enough, my fitting shoe is competed. It is essentially some cheap leather upper with no welting done with just a cork sole attached to the bottom, unlike the Japanese bespoke maker I...
Maftei charges about USD 1200 for the first pair (including last fee which you pay once) and typically charges about $40 for shipping to the USA.
Has anyone had a pair of shoes (not boots) made with a Itshide (alden style) commando sole? I'm hoping to get a pair of more casual shoes made and want a rubber sole for knock around wear and rainy days. Trying to see how the profile looks with Vibram Commando and Itshide Commando on a casual derby. Also curious as to whether a goyser stitch would look on a pair of Derbys along with the rubber sole. Thanks in advance...