or Connect

Posts by Mike147

My second pair is en route from Lucian in Wien...
Well - I've never owned St. Crispin's so I can't provide a direct comparison. I don't think you can directly compare the two as Maftei is full bespoke and St. Crispin's is RTW with some possible fitting modifications and MTO in terms of component selection (you can choose your leather, sole, welt, etc).Maftei is much less expensive - You can pickup a pair of full bespoke shoes for under $1200 USD at current exchange rates (including the charge for the last on your first...
I inquired a few years ago - They do not stock EEE. Also - Alden will not make ML last boots in EEE... You will need to go with another last if you need 'em very WIDE
I concur Dopey - You are not going to get the same as original and I have had some issues along the way (which they have always corrected).I have been using Eneslow quite a bit in the past 18 months and have been very happy with their work. They are a bit more expensive than Moulded shoe and their focus is going to be a bit more functional than fashion... What I mean here is that you can get excellent leather dress soles but I'm not quite sure they are going to have...
I took a look at the shoes and boots at my local J Crew again yesterday. I still don't see what you guys are talking about. They look like knock-off Alden's with cheaper leather. Whether it's the long wings or the knock-off Indy Boots... They look better in the catalogue then they do in person. Of course if they are constructed well, then they break in/fit well and they will last and they do look cool (other than the leather when you look up close).. At the $300...
Rule of thumb - If the ML shoe or boot purchased at Moulded Shoe has a rubber sole, it tends to come with a removable insert. I've had this throw off the shoe fit for me, as I have my own removable orthotic. However, most people have no problem with the sizing. I haven't seen any leather-soled ML come with an insert.
Is the stitching / shape a bit different on the Anatomica model? I stopped by Moulded recently and their ML indy looks a bit different. I think Moulded should order some U-Tips... They are big on the NST's but the U-Tips are a great looking shoe
I think you'll find the ML boots to be as / or more comfortable than the shoes. You're getting the same last with the higher / added ankle support of a boot. I still hate that Alden no longer makes EEE widths for ML boots - something with the cutting machine. Game over...Did you buy anything in Boston? Given that Alden is HQ's in MA, i always find it odd that you have to hunt around for Alden shoes while in Boston.
I'm a little color blind - are these more brown or cordovan in color? I like the color - trying to get a better description.
Q: Are you wearing your orthotics in your StC shoes?It's quite difficult to determine whether or not you are going to have a good fit with Orthotics without wearing your shoes for a while. Your shoes will break in and your Orthotics will settle... If you are ordering a 'adjusted last' shoe then you didn't have that opportunity - you had to 'get long' before you tried them on..In choosing a pair of shoes, whether RTW, adjusted last (like your case) or be-spoke, it makes...