Posts by Mike147

I understand where you're coming from with a vendor perspective. Just think for individuals wearing the shoes - the JR is stamped on the sole and after you've worn them a few times the JR is scratched away. For people who know about shoe construction, JR is recognized as a high quality producer of leather soles - always costs more to have your shoes resoled in NY with JR Brand.
+1
Nice to see that they made those adjustments for you. Assume the F Last was the best fit for you to begin with. May I ask how much the Boots cost you?Has anyone tried full bespoke from Vass? Anyone know what the fee is?Also a styling question - how do you guys determine the leather you would like to use in the MTO shoes remotely? Has Vass ever sent you leather swatches? I'm not interested in Shell - appreciate how it shines and wears but I don't like the way it breaks...
Any idea what the up-charge would be for MTM for Calf? I don't think i'll be making it to Budapest anytime soon so not likely to be an option for me unless they start to expand globally. I would visit Maftei in Vienna before Vass in Budapest but would consider a Vass shoe if I could get something from a standard last with small adjustments that would cost me less than Maftei. Not sure if that is possible tbh...
Does Vass implement any sizing adjustments in their MTO program, akin to what's StC does? Do they have a bespoke program? If so, does anyone know the cost(s)?
Techaview- They look great. You should get to wearing them and break them in. Certainly going to be stiffer at first that what you are accustomed to. Adjustments can also be made to the fit of course but you're not going to know what you need until you wear them for a while.
Any action in ML Land? Too quiet... I feel like most have given up the fight for Shell in the USA. What's going on!
Any AH updates? New Maftei or other brands recently delivered or ordered? I'm thinking about ordering a new pair from Maftei and thinking about styles & leather. My brown plain toe bluchers are my most comfortable pair of shoes and i'm thinking about going with the same style shoe with some modifications - Rubber sole, Goyser Welt, different color leather with a medallion on the cap. Also hope to send back my brown pair for a resole along with the new order so I have...
Any update on why leatherfoot/stc broke up? I liked viewing their STC gallery.
How much are they charging in Euros for shoes and for boots?