or Connect

Posts by Mike147

Those are V-Tips, no?
Never seen that video - Thanks for posting
I get where you're coming from but I think that as a bespoke maker, Maftei is going to build what his clientele wants (within the realm of Maftei's philosophy and flexibility). So shoes out of Vienna may look quite different in last/style than what someone will want out of Bucharest or New York. Many of Vass' newer lasts are built to appeal to an expanded audience outside of their traditional shapes / lasts but they still maintain their traditional lasts.What I saw in...
Alexandru Maftei was trained and worked for many years at Rudolf Scheer. Most of the men and women in the Maftei workshops have apprenticed at Scheer and some family members continue to work there. Check out the article below - If you check out Maftei's workshops in Vienna, I can assure you that he is part of the AH tradition.http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2012/02/maftei-interviewpost-by-claymoor.html
What size do you wear in ML?
If you can attend an upcoming Trunk show, you can likely select a shoe from a much wider variety of styles than Leffot stocks and then pick your last, color and type of leather, etc. I suspect if you go to a trunk show - you will drop a lot of dough on StC...Maybe just wait for the Leffot trunk show next month and then pull the trigger.. Just don't bring too many bullets
For the guys who are posting all the good pics on this forum - using an iPhone or a real camera -OR- SLR or something like it?Using iPhone Cam or older Digi Cam, I never seem to get something as clear as the posts on this thread..**So not to Hijack thread.... Please send me private message if you have some suggestions. Thnks..
I think these are fantastic. StC as well or a different maker?
I prefer something more like this:http://the-shoe-aristocat.blogspot.com/2013/04/for-today-masaru-okuyama-creations.htmlI generally love the split toe styles - Just prefer something with the stitching further forward and with 4-5 eyelets.I've always loved the Alden NST (it was my first split toe love) but these are certainly much more elegant.
$4k's would be too high for me as well.