or Connect

Posts by BillyMaysHere!

Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher Eh...whaaa? Are you questioning the American sartorial titan? Image not resized because his splendour needs close inspection.
Quote: Originally Posted by HORNS I've really enjoyed the Styleforum Front Page. Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 +1 - love that stuff. I think aspiring writers, photographers and journalists should post thoughtful or well illustrated articles there from time to time. It's nice to have less "slow" content here as well. +1 + Fucking goddamn 1! I check everything on the Front Page the second an update...
I'm 21, on the ultra-trend side of things usually, and the blue blazer/grey pants combo is one of my go-to "event" outfits. Responses have ranged from compliments, to cat-calls, to having a shirt torn as a "friend" from a class dragged me into a change room after our uni presentations. It's anything but boring because there's a billion different ways of doing it. I usually wear some slim fitting grey cotton pants of near-paper thin fabric (I live in Aus, btw), with a...
Quote: Originally Posted by RegisDB9 This is my first WAYWT. It's 82 degrees where I live (feel sorry for some of you bastards still layering). A simple sunday pic. Quick iphone pic so quality is subpar. I'm annoyed for a diferent reason. It's 88 degrees in fahrenheit where I live right now, cloudy, and humid. No sun, and between the heat and the humidity, wearing a tee shirt feels like a feat of layering. +1 to all the sandal comments btw....
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaplan I would also have liked to see the shoulders softened and the addition of a second (and maybe a third) button. With the lowered buttoning point, where would you place a second button? Normally I assume it should be in line with the top of the pocket flaps. Would that place it to close to the existing button and if so, would it look off if placed lower? I don't think an extra button belongs in this foof - it's...
I vote for yfyf, I don't give a fuck what options that poll has. That said, this was certainly a nice collection of outfits, a WAYWRN Challenge gone ab-so-lutely right.
How dare you be so insensitive to Spoo's protege! Agreed with Spoo, my creepy sense isn't tingling here.
+1 To all the "I do it all the time" folks. Last 2 days in a row, I spent with something to read (Foucault's Discipline and Punish), and the only reason I didn't have a book often before then was because I was recovering from a minor spending binge. Granted, I was out for slightly cheaper fare, but eating alone somewhere more expensive wouldn't have changed my opinion.
Low rise came in primarily from Alexander McQueen, a man most famous for his womenswear. As for slim fit suits and whatnot, they came from a few designers, most notably Raf Simons' late 90s designs (his brand is menswear only) and Hedi Slimane (menswear designer for Dior.) When asked why they made such slim cuts, Hedi stated that nothing else would fit on his skinny-ass frame, and Raf said "because when we were young, we were so small." I like the slim fit, partially...
Yeah, I get what you mean. I have 2 trenchcoats, same fit boat as yours. I like the fit of the roomier one though, because I liked the military surplus/op-shop sort of design that the fit complemented, and I'd usually just belt it from the back and wear it unbuttoned anyway.