or Connect

Posts by nystyle86

What do you think about the new Snap On/Snap-It (veneers) instead of bleaching? Snap Ons cost bit more but they last for 3 years and the shades are guaranteed. I have tried bleaching in the past and even with good results I could never get the super white shades on the Vitapan shade guide. My dentist said a lot of people, genetically, don't develop the super bright white teeth. Many celebs with super white teeth achieve that shade only through porcelain veneers.
I'd add by saying don't rush into surgery. Some "light procedures" like botox and fillers and lasers involve less risk, but anything under the knife is serious and permanent. Address your insecurities about your body with psychological therapy first. If therapy does not help you, only then should you consider surgery. I feel like a lot of people that go under the knife don't even have serious distress about their body image. I know several people that went under the...
I only own one peacoat so I can't compare it to anything else. But my Mil-Spec Sterlingwear is holding up well after 3rd season. The fit is amazing and I believe if they have my size, anyone can find their size. The peacoat serves me well in NYC winters. I'm super skinny and always cold in the winter, but this peacoat does its job great and also performs well in rainy conditions. I think the downside to all peacoats is bulk/weight and limited pockets as compared to...
La Roche sells the most expensive sunscreen on the market, but in this year's consumer report testing of sun blocks, La Roche's Mexoryl sunscreen scored poorly in performance. If I'm paying $20/ounce for sunscreen, it better out perform everything on the market, not score lowest. I guess La Roche thinks their customers will pay anything for posh brand labels."No one type of sunscreen protected the best and "price had nothing to do with performance" as La Roche-Posey's...
I think first and second pics would fit you best.
Can someone steer me in the right direction. I'm looking for jean cuts and small sizes for very skinny guys. I can't decide whether to look for APC, Nudies or NF? Which fits from these brands should I look for, especially with Nudies and NF? I currently wear size 28 with a belt, so I'll need a smaller waist size. Can you recommend stores in NYC that might carry all of the brands or at least stock smallest sizes? For now I have my eyes set on APC store, and Barneys. ...
I'm a skinny guy 5'6'' 110lbs and looking for jeans. Do I have more options on fits for skinny legs with NF or APC brand? thanks
Electrolysis is more expensive but it's 100% guarantee to work and is more precise; there are master electrologists out there that work super fast but harder to find. Laser can work, but will not remove 100% of the facial hair as it can only achieve some level of reduction. Other issues with laser is type of laser machine used (because not all lasers provide equal results) and most challenging aspect is finding a well trained and experienced technician that knows how to...
Is your colon/digestive function normal? No signs of Crohn's/Colitis? I'd get a thyroid function test as well just in case. Other than that, your situation sounds very weird that you would be losing weight from inactivity, but even something like that can be normal for some people with active metabolism.
Laser and electrolysis costs vary greatly, but important thing is to do your homework and find a reputable place that uses good tech and skill. My laser for chest and abs is considered costly at $2,500 for 6 sessions (shouldn't take more than 8 on male body.) You can find places where it can cost you as little as $1200 for the same job. Electrolysis costs are the same. Mine charged $80 an hour. Some places charge as high as $145 an hour. I ended up spending about $450...