or Connect

Posts by Omega Man

Quote: Originally Posted by EnglishGent Trying the last of my samples from Floris, No. 89. Was looking forward to this for the obvious Bond reasons. It's starting to settle now and becoming more enjoyable, but I really didn't like the way it opened on me, almost a baby powder smell. I was expecting something great, but the initial blast really gave me a strong baby powder smell as well, I washed it off immediately without waiting for the...
Parfum d'Empire Fougere Bengale for me today. The initial blast was a rather harsh (curry, and to a lesser degree at least to my nose, puke....). But once it is gone, the drydown is very pleasant. I usually rotate my scents, but I have been wearing this for a few consecutive days. Didn't buy a bottle, got it in a 2 X 10ml decant from a fellow in Basenote. Should give it a try.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maharlika It's Maitre Parfumeur et Garnier's Parfum D' Habit to start my week today. Wow. It takes guts to wear this. I have a bottle and though I like it very much, it is a "difficult" scent to wear. Truly masculine and don't f--k with me scent. Today I am wearing FM MR. Just had a massive snow storm and it is freezing today. Something warm, creamy and mysteriously sexy......
Finally have gotten over a cold. Stayed away from wearing scents for a whole week. Given that the weather is in the 0 -10 C range, warm/spicy/sweet scents seem to work better on me. Today I am wearing MPG Santal Noble. It is quite nice. New bottle but the same old scent.
Hey Thomas, I am wearing the same thing (Cuiron) today. I really like this scent. To me, it is an underrated scent. Not a lot of sillage, but it stays and stays close to the skin. Many have said this is a leather scent, but I rarely detect it at all. To me, it is the berry (but not the citrusy kind for the lack of a better word) that intrigues me. Too bad it has been discontinued.....
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc The poorest longevity on a scent I liked, though, is Hermes Eau d'orange verte. I haven't tried the Concentree, but I can literally bathe in the original and it just disappears in minutes. I agree with you on that. I have tried both in Sephora and I couldn't detect a scent after an hour! I guess it really depends on the skin.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas What, pray tell, does a French Lover smell like? I've not had the pleasure. I am not good in describing the scent. But there are a few experts on Basenote who summed this up rather nicely and I have quoted their reviews below. Apologise for taking up too much space. I experienced a strong angelica opening and the drydown of oakmoss with a hint of vetiver. A woody scent IMHO. I like to wear this in the...
Deleted
Today, it is FM French Lover. Despite what others have said about this scent, I quite like it. Can't argue about the name though.....
Sampling CDG - Sequoia. I am told CDG is discontinuing this, have to make up my mind whether to buy a bottle.