Posts by Omega Man

Parfum d'Empire Fougere Bengale for me today. The initial blast was a rather harsh (curry, and to a lesser degree at least to my nose, puke....). But once it is gone, the drydown is very pleasant. I usually rotate my scents, but I have been wearing this for a few consecutive days. Didn't buy a bottle, got it in a 2 X 10ml decant from a fellow in Basenote. Should give it a try.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maharlika It's Maitre Parfumeur et Garnier's Parfum D' Habit to start my week today. Wow. It takes guts to wear this. I have a bottle and though I like it very much, it is a "difficult" scent to wear. Truly masculine and don't f--k with me scent. Today I am wearing FM MR. Just had a massive snow storm and it is freezing today. Something warm, creamy and mysteriously sexy......
Finally have gotten over a cold. Stayed away from wearing scents for a whole week. Given that the weather is in the 0 -10 C range, warm/spicy/sweet scents seem to work better on me. Today I am wearing MPG Santal Noble. It is quite nice. New bottle but the same old scent.
Hey Thomas, I am wearing the same thing (Cuiron) today. I really like this scent. To me, it is an underrated scent. Not a lot of sillage, but it stays and stays close to the skin. Many have said this is a leather scent, but I rarely detect it at all. To me, it is the berry (but not the citrusy kind for the lack of a better word) that intrigues me. Too bad it has been discontinued.....
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc The poorest longevity on a scent I liked, though, is Hermes Eau d'orange verte. I haven't tried the Concentree, but I can literally bathe in the original and it just disappears in minutes. I agree with you on that. I have tried both in Sephora and I couldn't detect a scent after an hour! I guess it really depends on the skin.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas What, pray tell, does a French Lover smell like? I've not had the pleasure. I am not good in describing the scent. But there are a few experts on Basenote who summed this up rather nicely and I have quoted their reviews below. Apologise for taking up too much space. I experienced a strong angelica opening and the drydown of oakmoss with a hint of vetiver. A woody scent IMHO. I like to wear this in the...
Deleted
Today, it is FM French Lover. Despite what others have said about this scent, I quite like it. Can't argue about the name though.....
Sampling CDG - Sequoia. I am told CDG is discontinuing this, have to make up my mind whether to buy a bottle.
Sampling Domenico Caraceni - the most masculine Rose scent IMHO so far.