or Connect

Posts by michaelvl

I use a nail brush like the one below instead for brushing my suede shoes, not a fan of the ones that use brass either. Most supermarkers in the Netherlands carry them, they are very cheap and last a long time.
My feelings towards shell and to how it creases come from spending some time browsing this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/t/268468/the-shell-cordovan-non-alden-shoe-and-boot-thread I would advise people who are interested to start browsing from the back, because it is a pretty old thread and some pictures on the earlier pages have been removed. Maybe some will see where I am coming form after spending some time there. Look at the shoes that have actually been worn a...
I think on the 82 last in smooth burgundy or dark oak it is more an elegant city boot, not so much a country boot.The Galway on the 64 in Utah or CC on Ridgeway is country all the way.
This is more the style of E.G. shoe shell best suited for in my opinion, more a country shoe made on a classic round toe last with a double Dainite sole and possibly a storm welt. Not so much for the Galway on the 82 last on leather soles, but that is just my opinion.Your shoes look decent crease wise, but I assume they had been sitting in trees for a while when you took the photo. Do they look just as good after walking around in them for a while, like throughout a normal...
I have never owned a quality shoe in shell but have been hanging around on SF for the last couple of years. My observations from following a couple of shoe topics is that shell is more suited for rugged style shoes and that calf is better suited for elegant shoes mainly because of the way shell creases. The recent offerings of the Galway in shell look very dressy to me, especially due to the color and the choice of a sole (leather). Isn’t they style of the boot somewhat...
Creme universelle is a pigmentless conditioner and cleaner, so depending on the type of scuff it will be effective or not. For surface level scuffs where the leather has not broken in any manner it works well imho. If there is some sort of cavity in the leather, then using a pigmented wax or so will be a more effective approach.Most of the time I just clean and condition my shoes with water and a little bit of creme universelle. If I find a mark will not come out...
I used Saphir Creme Universelle on my Westbourne's in Ebony Delapre, it seems to do an excellent job in nourishing the leather. This product is not greasy at all, after application (I rub it in with an old rag), it gets absorbed by the leather within one or two minutes. After some quick brushing it buffs to shine.
On a lesser note, caught on cam: man in London gets robbed of Rolex in broad daylight, beware who you flash your watch to. https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/10153525254876939/
Wow, nice piece! It's in amazing condition for its age. Wear it well!