or Connect

Posts by michaelvl

You might want to check out this Vintage Rolex Collectors forum, one of the largest of its sort: http://vintagerolexforum.com If you have found a potentially interesting Rolex you can post pictures of it there before you purchase it, the members will pick even the best of fakes or tinkered with Rolexes apart promptly. The said site also has a collectors market, if you choose to purchase from a collector use you due diligence, because there are always some scammers amongst...
Yes they do, google: "Edward Green Malvern spectators" for the oxford version. I doubt they make the Malvern on the same last (888 squared toe), the standard lasts for the Malvern are rounded toe lasts (the 82 and 202).
Thanks Roger!
Stepped into the E.G. store in Paris with the intent to pickup a pair of Dovers, left with these instead: Sorry for the crummy quality pictures.
Interesting stuff, thanks for the info guys!
Very nice, wouldn't mind owning a pair myself.Just curious on how E.G.'s in shell crease. I have never owned a pair of shoes in shell cordovan, but have seen allot of Aldens in shell on this forum, they seem to crease pretty heavily across the vamp. Can any one chime in as to how E.G.'s in shell hold up against creases vs calf.
Someone asked on which last the Dovers were made on the BB website, see below. The question was asked 1 year and 5 months ago, I doubt this information is up to date. I doubt they still offer them on the 888 unless they have some old stock:1What last are these made on? When will you have D widths?1 year, 5 months agoby LONGTIMEBROOKSCUSTOMERLos AngelesANSWER THIS QUESTIONWas this answer helpful to you?YESNOAnswer:It is the EG Dover on 888 last1 year, 5 months agoby...
I doubt you will be able to find Dovers on the 888, I have seen a few on the 888 on the Leffot site that were done a couple of years ago. A few months ago I asked E.G. to make me a Dover on the 888, they refused. They said the only offered them on the 606 and on the 32 last, the 888 was not an option.In hind sight I think the Dover looks far out best on the 606, it seems that the 606 and the Dover were made for each other. To my eye the 606 has allot in common with the...
Saint Crispin's also make their own (lasted) shoe trees.
Nice, what last were these made on?