or Connect

Posts by michaelvl

Way too much circle jerking here on SF. This is a forum setup to share knowledge and opinions about menswear, their should be room for positive and the negative opinions. Keep it real and express your thoughts, thats is part what a forum is for.
Ends Sunday the 2nd of March, US website only: Enjoy 10% off full-price and select sale items at RalphLauren.com for the next 14 days when you enter code CSS8657 at checkout.*
No I have not, I shall give them a try the next time I visit an E.G. store.Thanks for the tip Jerry!
I wish EG had a leather sole that was 1 1/2 the thickness of a single sole from fore foot through to mid foot. I personally dislike the tapered look of the HAF sole. I don't know why but it just looks strange and a bit feminine to my eye. I think allot of models would look perfect on a 1 1/2 thick sole like (sans the taper) for example: The Dover, The Westminster and The Oundle. I think the double sole looks way to thick when used on certain models on smaller sizes. The...
HAF soles are 1 1/2 the thickness of a single sole at the fore part of the sole and taper to single sole thickness at the mid section of the sole.
Nice, what are the specs? (last, sole, color): 202, double leather sole, dark oak?
Nice, thanks for sharing. Will definitely start throwing some black polish into the mix!
Thanks for the tip!Thanks for the info and tips, I reckoned that the mink oil in Renovateur would darken the leather.My goal is to get them to look something like these color wise:Thanks for the info.
Nice Southwolds, I have these in burgundy too.Out of 11 pairs of E.G's I currently have in my collection, these get by far the most attention/compliments.Mine are very light though, slightly too pinkish for my liking. I have tried to darken them with various different Saphir products (Renovator, Bordeaux and Mahogany cream, dito colored wax), they have only slightly darkened after say 30 polishes with mainly Renovator and cream.I really like the darkness of yours, curious...