or Connect

Posts by michaelvl

Wow, those are really beautiful, congrats! Really like the combination of swan neck + the side wing on this version of the Shannon.Might have to order a pair soon.
The R1 (rubber sole) is another great option, wears less fast than leather in my experience. I had seen that E.G. offered a black Chelsea (82 last) on the R1 sole the Edward Green webshop. I personally would rather have a couple of foul weather shoes on OEM rubber then go the toppy route. I currently have a Galway on Dainite double and a Shanklin on R1 for those purposes, the rest of my collection is on leather soles.
IRL tobacco has more orange infused with it compared to nutmeg. Tobacco is in my opinion a bit more vibrant and louder than nutmeg. Nutmeg has not much orange to it at all.I used to have a pair of E.G. shoes in tobacco suede, but had to sell them because the fit was not to my liking. The top two pictures come pretty close to how nutmeg looks in normal daylight.
Mine when they were new, shots taken in different lighting conditions. These were MTO, made to my specs: Nutmeg suede Dover on the 606, B1 sole with natural Edge Dress:
I think the Alderley looks better on the 202 and also a lot better in more traditional shades of brown or in burgundy. If I were to get a pair, they would be on the 202 in Rosewood CC.
This is in my opinion not a very accurate description. The story around the 82 (wooden) last that was floating around SF and other fora was that Edward Green had found that their old 82 wooden lasts had shrunk over the years, so they had new 82 lasts made in resin to their original dimensions.Leffot was said to have given some of their customers the advice to size down half a size, that is not the same thing as that E.G. made the new lasts half a size bigger.For me...
TtownMD: I agree with this information posted on permanent style with regards to shoe fit. Source: http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2015/05/how-shoes-should-fit.html I have received a few questions on this 2009 post about how shoes wear over time recently, and note that there is no post that sets out the basics of how a shoe should fit. Let’s start with a simple summary. A shoe should be tight at the back and loose at the front. It should hold the rear of the foot...
That is a horrible fit, because:- The facings have fully met, yet they are so loose that you can pull of the shoes without unlacing them, that is crazy (not good) - You have heel slip- I can see in the top picture a gap is clearly visible between your ankle and the inside of the shoe, the shoes should not have that amount of excess spaceThese shoes are probably half to a full length too long as well as a half to a full length too wide.Do yourself a huge favor and: Get fit...
Nice & congrats!I thought that RL stopped the partnership with E.G. some time ago. Are these NOS shoes or what?
The Chelsea's & Southwold's are SOLD, only the Beaulieu's are still available.