Posts by michaelvl

PM sent.
Just back from a recraft, looking brand new again!
This post came to mind with regard to getting a proper fit through measurements and how sometimes your gut feelings can lead you astray. In the long run it will often be cheaper and save you a lot of trial and error and peace of mind if you just go to the official flagship store (or third party that not only has various lengths and also various widths), get measured and experience various sizes and shoes first hand opposed to guesstimating your size (using advice from...
Brand: Ralph Lauren Purple Label Made: In Italy Model: Keaton (Cut away collar) Material: 100% Coton Buttons: MOP Pattern: Plaid Color: Purple / Green / Black / Bordeaux Size: 15 1/2 Purchased: 2014 MSRP: 295 euro Asking price: 85 euro Condition: Worn a few times, undamaged. The item and I are located in The Netherlands Payment via Bank Transfer or PayPal Shipping via registered express airmail (with tracking), shipping organization and costs are on my behalf. The item...
Dit you have your size taken professionally with a Brannock device by someone that is knowledgeable about proper shoe fit and Edward Greens? If so how close is the size that Brannock device suggested to the size you tried on?Have you compared the fit with any other sizes on the same lasts? Perhaps try half a size smaller of just half a width smaller and experience the difference. There should be no heel slip at all, if you have heel slip try sizing down. If your toes are...
SOLD ON EBAY.
I would be hesitant to send them overseas just for plates due the risk of running into customs issues and shipping delays. The better cobbler should be able to do flush plates locally in the U.S.A., just make sure to ask for flush plates and to make sure show them an example of how you would like them to turn out.B. Nelson in NYC can do them in the same way that the come from E.G. for example. I haven't had any shoes done by them personally, but seen quite some work from...
Take a look at these RLPL Jodephurs, according to the poster they where made on the 89 last, to my untrained eye they appear quite similar to the ones in black posted here recently:The original post: http://www.styleforum.net/t/104555/edward-green-for-rlpl-shoes-for-sale
The RL boot was possibly built on the 89 last, I believe that the 89 last is used exclusively for RLPL shoes made by E.G.