or Connect

Posts by michaelvl

Thanks for the tips and info.I have treated my Suede E.G.'s with Saphir Super Invulner. I will be wearing them with more confidence it wet weather from now on.
@dalevy: Thanks for your input!@TtownMD: Wow, that is one sturdy looking shoe, especially with the Dainite commando soles. I was playing with the idea of getting a pair of Sandringham's on Double Dainite soles with storm welts or possibly a pair of Westbourne's, but doubt the latter are available as RTW on rubber.
Thanks for the info. I have read that suede performs great if the rain, I was just a bit concerned because my Shanklins are pretty light (the uppers are in mole suede), I wasn't quite sure how the suede would handle dirty splashes of water when walking the streets in the rain.
Thanks, just to clarify, sometimes it rains multiple days after another so I would like another pair of rubber soled shoes as an alternative to my Galways. My current Galways are DOAK/Country Calf and I am very happy with their performance in the rain.Congrats with your StC, wear them well!
It has been raining a lot here in The Netherlands. Just curious if you guys wear your leather soled E.G.'s when it is raining or if you have specific pairs for that purpose. My first pair of E.G.'s were a pair of DOAK Chelsea's on single leather soles, I sort of ruined them by walking in the rain with them slightly too long (I got surprised by heavy rain while walking to my Hotel in Paris), the rain soaked the soles completely and the water absorbed through the soles up...
Thanks hoodog, but how can I tell when a resole is due?
See below for the current wear of my Galway's soles. I recon a resole is due, what do you guys think? Do you wear yours for much longer before having the soles replaced? If anyone knows what E.G. charges for a boot resole, please let me know.
The shoes have received a half sole, sole replacement by a third party, hence that is why the quality of the sole might seem below the expected standards. Personally I am not a fan of this kind of partial sole replacement, neither is Edward Green, they will never accept these shoes for maintenance anymore because they have basically been butchered by the ones that executed the sole replacement. There are some good cobblers in the US and in the UK that could do a full...
Nice, is that coffee suede or nutmeg?
Thank you kindy!