or Connect

Posts by michaelvl

The Southwolds are SOLD. The Chelsea and Beaulieu are still available.
The Southwolds are on hold pending funds.
Don't know what to think of the 890 last. It somehow doesn't have that classical and conservatieve English styling to it, that their other lasts do have.
Thanks for the info BigBadBernard. Thanks for the info too Dino944, I appreciate it a lot. Wear your 15202 in the best of health!
I am considering a 15202 myself, a few questions I hope you or someone else with experience with the AP 15202 can elaborate on:1. How does the maintenance interval of a 15202 look like?2. How much will a typical service set you back? What does AP do to the watch as part of the maintenance? Just clean the movement or also refinish the case and bracelet?3. How prone is case and bracelet to scratches and other damages, does they scratch and ding very easily?4. I have often...
1. You are wearing thickish socks, and still the shoes fit loose2. After break in (20 to 30 wears) the shoes will fit even looser than they do nowTo me these look half a size possibly a full size too big.If I were you I would not bother with sock liners to try and patch up ill fitting shoes, but rather move these pronto. If they are RTW, see if you can return them to the seller and trade for a smaller size. If you can't return them, sell them on while they are new. The...
According to the advertising text, these Dovers are on the 888, I have a hard time distinguishing the 606 and 888 from pictures so I cannot verify this:http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edward-Green-Dover-Algonquins/MH00059,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00059_Color=DKRD&contentpos=71&cgid=0522
Interesting, thanks for the information!
Good question, I always disliked the pegged waist construction of StC and especially the way their shoes are resoled because of this. They seem to do half sole resoles at their factory. Curious to know how they do Dainite and also if they do half sole resoles in combination with Dainite soles. A half sole resole i.c.w. a Dainite sole doesn't seem like a good idea to me with regards to the water resistant properties of the sole.
What the Leffot site says used to apply, at least according to what I read here in this thread a couple of months ago about the changes they made to their trees. To my knowledge their were at least three variants of E.G. shoe trees, one for the 202/606, one for the 82/888 and one for their loafer lasts (505 among others). A couple of months ago they switched to two generic trees if I recall correctly, one last for dress shoes and one for loafers, at least that is what I...