or Connect

Posts by TimH

One of the greatest exponents of the 'Rock Your Socks' art was the late Henry Cecil, legendary racehorse trainer who we regularly saw walking past our stand at 'Glorious Goodwood' races in some of the finest socks known to man - a sad loss to Horse Racing and the art of sock wearing.
The old Russian Reindeer leather still around then Charlie? Is this the stuff they pulled up off the seabed years ago? I remember Athene English did well with it a while back - good luck!Best,Tim Hardy
Good to hear of John Simons - used to sell belts to him before I pulled out of selling to retailers - he did well with them too!
Wonderful and if this is their true colour I'd be thrilled - very close to our Newmarket Tan bridle leather?I've a pair of New & Lingwood in this colour which are my favourites.
Just made a belt for an ex-mod and had a great chat with him about all this stuff - brilliant era!!
Do you find the leather a little thick for being in a pocket?
Thanks and we are always learning - wish me luck
Useful information revrend which has spurred me into doing more research from this end. I'll talk to a few of my friends in the tanning industry here and see if I can reveal anything exciting about the differences.I did a piece here that may be of interest or lead me to be shot down in flames:http://www.worcestershireleathercompany.com/blog/Worcestershire-Leather-Colour-GuideHope you like the bit about names and how they were derived.Tim
Great look to those and that's the same stuff alright - love that colour more than all the others too.
There's so much variation from leather type to leather type each developed for specific purposes obviously. I made loads of belts back in the nineties using a Horween leather called Latigo which was excellent quality. Bridle leather has become a word greatly mis used to describe anything in order to gain credit. In my book bridle leather is simply the very same leather used to make bridles for horses - easy really. That's all I will use and only the best from Sedgwicks....