or Connect

Posts by TimH

Great that so many from SF have taken part in this so far - are my fears about manufacturing in England coming true as the input from the UK is far from great! More please.
Quote: Originally Posted by chasingred I think the thread was started as a "let's not buy Made in China" products. Or even products made in Asia. He wrote His post is half economic nationalism and half racism. So let's talk about quality MIC products. WW Chan and Peter lee are good starts. Here are some...
Quote: Originally Posted by thebunk Can we make this thread into a first world kind of thread, meaning not to just focus on US and UK but also Canada? I too am interested in supporting well made clothing made by craftspeople, but specifically interested to know who does what here. I know Naked & Famous and Wings & Horns lines are designed here but I do not believe they produced here (I could be wrong). Any other suggestions? Exactly, let's...
This 'Made in my Country' thread will help all of us to identify which brands can be sourced from makers in our own country and get good manufacturers recognised for their efforts. Having watched a great Channel 4 programme about a northern factory here in the UK really trying to deliver top notch English Made product, I realised how tired I've become of seeing lots of labels going from good to less than average as they move their manufacturing further and further...
How to order the correct size belt seems to cause people unnecessary problems and results in my being asked the same question half a dozen times a week at least. Thanks to more than twenty years of solving this dilemma for my customers, I felt it worth sharing the solution with those of you facing such a decision or anyone who might be interested. Taking a belt you use regularly, thread it through your preferred or current favourite trousers/denims. This will get...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jokerman Im on the hunt for some leather. I want some good quality black leather to make a laptop sleeve out of. I have a design drawn out but can't seem to find a place that sells leather without buying in bulk. I just want to make a prototype for know. Can anyone recommend a place? Hi Jokerman, you may like to contact Tandy Leather or a leather merchant in the US and see if they have an offcut or similar small...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kentishman IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
I am currently working on two new versions of manbags in saddle and bridle leathers and would appreciate any opinions from SF members on their essential requirements for space, size pockets etc. but in particular laptop and business equipment to be catered for in the cut and thrust world out there. Function and good looks rule my thinking so thanks in advance. Tim
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy Hey Tim, Email me. We keep on crossing paths. It would be great to hear from you. I know that a lot of people on the forum would love to see the EG style belt again, in the unusual color we had cut for us. Also, I've grown 2 inches since we made that, and that thing is now sitting on the last notch! Hi Fok, Some new leathers and colours now released so have sent you a p.m. Best, Tim
Sorry to anyone who could not see my site but having just had a look at my analytics I see that kraftars post about the site going down generated enormous visits so not all bad news. Thanks.