or Connect

Posts by rdawson808

Yes, this is one of the things on the list too. I just like to freak out and assume the worst. Could be the headset or stem and handlebars. Could be just the rear wheel not sitting properly in the dropouts (doubtful as I should have noticed that last night). Could be the rear hub. Or could be the frame about to snap. Blerg.
The search continues. It is not the dork disk. I checked Sheldon (thanks for the link, I hadn't thought of him). Unfortunately, it is not a regular sound. That is, it does not occur once per revolution, etc. I think it's the frame. Is this possible, do you think? It sounds like the frame is creaking when I'm putting "too much" force on it. I'm going to email Trek tonight and see if they have an answer. Then it's going back to the shop Saturday and I'm giving them...
Nope, not that. New pedals are on, still doing it. A friend suggested ripping out the little plastic doohicky they put between the wheel and the rear cassette. I'll try that tonight.
about 10 miles last night on a night-time ride around the monuments for charity. Nice time with friends. b
Quote: Originally Posted by zippyh Is it a creaking/squeeking kind of sound? It really could be just about anything. I'd try the usual suspects like greasing up your seat post, quick releases, and pedal threads. Even if that doesn't solve the problem, from how much of a PITA it was to get the pedals off, it's probably due for that anyway. It's much more of a "clank" kind of sound. I have been wondering if it isn't the pedals. But I have no...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn Fair enough. What kind of pedal wrench do you have? I have a VAR and a Park, and they're both long enough to put about 160 lb-ft of torque on the flats, which is quite a bit. If you need more than that, you could use a cheater bar on the Park or another wrench looped over the end of the VAR. Problem is that if galvanic corrosion has really set in, you might well strip the crank threads. But at this point, I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn Yeah, no offense, but if you can't get a pedal off with a 15mm pedal wrench on the flats, what are we supposed to think? It's not like you're asking how to press in a BB30 bottom bracket, how a Campy UT Hirth joint assembles, or how to press in a headset... Removing the pedals from a crank arm is sort of "bicycle mechanics, remedial edition" now available from Rodale press. I realize you were trying to be...
Fucking contractors. How hard is it to keep an appt or reply to an email (that you requested) or send a fucking estimate after you've visited? How fucking hard is this for you? If you can't make it, fucking call you asshole. I took time off work to be here and now you aren't here? Fuck you. b
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn You are aware that the non-drive-side pedal is reverse-threaded, to avoid loosening by precession? Yes. If one more fucking person says that to me...
Quote: Originally Posted by zippyh Did you grease the threads before installing? I didn't install them--the shop did. I'm having a hard time assuming they did [grease the threads].