or Connect

Posts by rdawson808

My father passed away two years ago. (And I have no brothers.) When he was living we had a good relationship. As a child it was a stereotypical American father-son relationship. He taught me how to throw a football, use tools, etc. Nothing huge--no fixing cars or building houses--but you get the idea. As I became a teen it became a typical strained relationship. Post college I moved to the east coast so it was harder to see the family as often. We had drastically...
As we were taught as children: No gnus is good news. (Hmmm, that doesn't translate into typing very well. Oh well!)
Did my first cyclocross race today. I was miserably bad! I did one warm-up lap to try out the course and bit it hard twice. During the race I managed to not fall thanks to that though! But I only managed to finish one lap. My bike handling skills are much better than some of the other riders; but my body fat content is also much higher. I'm so out of shape. Ugh. And it turned out that my Cat 4 Beginner race was filled with Cat 1 road racers who have just taken up...
How about REI or Hudson Trail Outfitters?
They can also be really expensive. A Brompton will set you back a grand ($US) easy.
Sunday actually rode about 10 miles yesterday on the W&OD trail in Va. It was a nice short ride in perfect weather. What was particularly nice was that there is a horse/nature trail with lots of variety running alongside it, so I got to take my cx bike off-road for the first time. Felt especially good after watching the Charm City Cross in Baltimore on Sat. Great fun.
NYR, this looks and sounds great. Wonderful way to bring in your heritage.Here's my newest, completed just a month back. In memory of my father who spent a couple formative years in Hawaii in the late 1940s. A short time; but when I think of Hawaii I think of him and when I think of him I think of Hawaii.
Just picked this up at Performance Bike for cheap. Focus Mares AX2. I'm committing myself to rehabbing my shoulder and getting fit for a late-season CX race. Plus my wife might kill me if I bought this bike and never actually race.
Just as an FYI, the Baltimore Summer Antiques show will be the weekend of Aug 25th this year at the convention center. There are always a number of sellers with good selections of cuff-links. b
----Update: I'll ship. Bulk discount. For the love of god, someone take these shoes off my hands.---- I have a number of pairs of shoes for sale. I do not wish to deal with PayPal, etc., so these are for pick-up/meet-up in the metro Washington, DC area only. All of these shoes probably need a good shining. Please PM if you are interested. AE McClain spectators. Size 9D. Approx 3 years old. Worn approx. 10 times only on nice sunny days--hey, they're spectators. ...