or Connect

Posts by rdawson808

Quote: Originally Posted by imschatz This is actually a quite interesting question. Nothing I'd ever expect to get in an interview .. but interesting nonetheless. For what it's worth .. this is asking "would you rather make a type I or type II error" .. and the correct answer is "it depends". Not to get too off-topic, but in this case it clearly did not matter. Simplified example: if you're testing a new pharamceutical that may or may not...
Apparently it'll be a Tanger Outlet mall. They keep playing up how close it is to the Beltway, so it will be easy to get to. Unfortunately there will be no public transit access to it, so they'll never see my business. That whole National Harbor area is a joke of a development--right in the middle of a major metro area, and virtually completely transit inaccessible. b
I'd say only get the double if there is a BS in econ available that requires a bunch of math and stats. As others have implied, make sure you come out knowing how to program in different stats packages. The BS can be a signal to employers. Otherwise, just get more math under your belt along with your Finance major/Econ minor and then talk up the math and stats background you have acquired. If you wanted to go into academia, which I did, my answer might be different...
This isn't terribly common, but I had someone ask me "Would you rather fail to reject a hypothesis (when you should reject) or reject a hypothesis (when you shouldn't have)?" My immediate reaction to myself was "that's meaningless," because this wasn't an arena where you really have to worry; you just care about the results one way or another. But not knowing what to say, and not wanting to say what I thought of this question, I just shrugged my shoulders and picked...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fred H. Nordie Rack at Shady Grove sucks these days. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to buy. Awful. Don't waste your time. In all my trips there, I've found two pocket squares and one pair of shoes. That's it. Ever. b
Quote: Originally Posted by bobbers The new Nordstrom Rack in Friendship Heights just opened yesterday. Didn't see much merchandise from the main store. Shoe selection is a little bigger than Shady Grove. Only a few pairs of Allen Edmonds in my size (Hale and one other model I forgot) and starting price was $209; no Santoni or Ferragamo for now. Hopefully the better stuff will come later on at some point. Thanks for the update. I haven't had...
Here's the sort of flashlight I was talking about. I don't think I have this one in particular, but it's similar. b
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Herbert anyone recomend a good light for my bike? would prefer not to have an external battery but want it as bright as i can get it. also, any good websites for buying gear? I have purchased two lights from Deal Extreme. Both are flashlights rated at way more lumens than "bike" lights. Pick up a couple of the appropriate rechargeable batteries and the charger. Oh yeah, buy one or two of the little...
Quote: Originally Posted by yjeezle My apologies if this question has been answered in advance: For those of you that commute to work, how do you keep from getting to work sweaty and nasty? Also, what's safer: commuting around less busy road ways or going through highway? First Q: I don't. I get sweaty. We have showers here at work so it's not an issue for me. But riding slower is about the only way to do it. And don't dress in...
My new computer tells me I did 7.4 miles on my way to work today. Not sure if that's correct. Probably more accurate than Google maps, though.