or Connect

Posts by rdawson808

oh for crying out loud...tried to change my pedals but my wrench that I'd used in the past wouldn't fit. Asked two friends to borrow theirs, but they forgot day after day. So I bought one. Seized? Crap. WD-40 and let them sit--no luck. And I stripped the spindle a little. Tried a hex wrench from the back with no luck either. Had to take it to the shop today and they had to keep it to disassemble the pedal. So I grabbed a bus most of the way home. Missed the...
Ugh.... I've been real good about going to the gym and watching what I eat, until these last two weeks. I'm just not in the mood for the gym. Luckily my blood sugar levels worked in my favor and right now I just can't make my appt with the trainer. Usually this pisses me off. So I'm kinda pissed that it isn't pissing me off. I'll bike to work tomorrow to make up for it I guess. Which still really leaves me one day behind, since biking in is part of the overall...
Quote: Originally Posted by BoomDiggs Do any of you guys use "no nose" or "split nose" seats? I hate the numbness associated with a ride and then I read this NY Times Article about these seats. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/28/science/28tier.html I'm curious. I have to say, though, I never feel numb when riding on my "normal" saddle. But if I ride a stationary bike at the gym with a wide saddle, I quickly lose circulation. But for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianVarick ^Nice, I want to buy the blue one now. It's surprising how nice it is for the price. And I'm dying for the green one. b
Fucking hindsight. We didn't taket he right tack with this notice of proposed rulemaking and it's making our lives harder. Our conclusion is sound. But we should have jumped to the final stage of our reasoning and just said, X happens (and here's why it happens), and when X happens you can't keep doing things the way you are. If you can show up that X isn't happening, then everything's fine. Argh. (Sorry for writing in code; but I don't want to share too many...
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianVarick I got an entire set of Victorinox's luggage (22", Garment, Small Duffel, Carpet, Dopp) and I have already used it so much. I was very cheap from Marshalls, I spent $300 and it retailed for over $2,000. That is a steal. Wow. Mine showed up the other day. I love it. I'm picturing long weekends away. Even a week. All carry-on. b
An 18" version of the 22" Victorinox luggage I have. On massive sale with an additional discount on top of that. Bought yesterday, already shipped today. No clue why I'm so thrilled; but I am. b
Quote: Originally Posted by shibbel I'm about to pull the trigger on this bad boy (7.9 FX). Any opinions? Should I take anything else into consideration? I can get this for $2,500 and the Trek store is doubling the warranty to two years. I have a 2009 7.6 and I like it. But I only paid something like 900 for mine (or less). I would not pay 2500 for one of these. You could buy two nice bikes for that money. And the two year warranty is...
finally bought a new laptop to replace the dead one (from Jan!). Dell XPS. I can't wait. b
Quote: Originally Posted by onix If you like art deco cufflinks, you will love this blog: http://www.antiquecufflinks.blogspot.com/ He has cufflinks for sale, but they're steep: http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog...ks-Gallery.htm I've seen that blog before. Beautiful stuff (and showing some gorgeous art nouveau links right now). But the prices for the stuff he's selling on that other page are f-ing ridiculous. I have a funny feeling...