or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou If in Philly, take a trip to KoP Mall. I think the service at Sherman Brothers is far superior to "Mall Service." The guys that work there are real "shoe-guys."
Quote: Originally Posted by dlion0721 Instead I am going to get a Navy and Charcoal Samuelsohn suit made at The Hound in San Francisco. It seems like a pretty good deal for around $1200 a suit. Are you sure you can get MTM at $1200. When I briefly looked into Samuelsohn - I thought the RTW were around $1200 - but that the MTM program had a significant up charge.
Quote: Originally Posted by suitmeup Does anyone know if you can find any of these brands in the Philadelphia area? I went to outlets this weekend but the shoe selection was pure junk. I liked the Allen Edmonds but I don't know where to find them and I'm nervous about ordering on the internet without getting a chance to try them on. Thanks. You can get Alden (and AE and Loake) at Sherman Borthers. I think Wayne Edwards keeps a limited stock of...
Quote: Originally Posted by maxnharry Who pays $1800 for a samuelsohn? I stopped by the Samuelsohn trunk show at Boyds (Philly) last Friday. The M-T-M was around $1800; I only saw 1 OTR (I didn't have a lot of time) - and that was closer to $1300. I am trying to decide between that and a Basile for my next suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by CorneliusP Yea ok I left out the part where I closed a bank account 2 years ago in person but the bank didn't actually close it. Some fee came up, accumulated interest for 2 years without contacting me, and then assaulted my credit something fierce a few months ago. I guess unexplained sensationalism has failed me. As I understand it, a big part of your credit is based on the percent of credit that you utilize....
Boyds in Philly just started carrying Samulesohn (and is having a trunk show tomorrow.) The only experience I have with Samuelsohn is a Paul Stuart jacket that I love. Is the Samuelsohn tagged clothing made to the same quality as the Paul Stuart badged clothing? What is the general price point for Samuelsohn suits and sports coats?
Quote: Originally Posted by Davidko19 Had to dig up an oldie, I couldnt find too many threads on tie bars. Any feedback on this look? I just bought a $12 tie bar at target, simple and nice. The tie is a cheap 50/50, poly/cotton square end tie. First, the knot seems a little weird with this collar, any recommendations on tying it? The fabric is real thin. Second, is the tie bar too prenetentious with a square end tie if I dont wear a jacket or...
I went in October. Before that I went a few times in the late 90s. Back then - going to Le Bec Fin was like going on vacation - a truly special dining experience. Now its like going to any other (great) French restaurant. Unbelivebale but not special if that makes sense.
Quote: Originally Posted by hypersonic There are rumours circulating that due to poor sales and the deepening global recession, this special version will be the last Maybach before the brand is reconsigned to the history books. I went new car shopping today - the Maybach dealership that was across from the MB dealership has been converted to a Smart dealership.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Take half the shoulder measure and add the arm length Thanks