or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Being Indian myself - I don't like the idea of wearing a suit to the wedding, esp. if you are going to have to remove your shoes. Suits without shoes is an epic fail. I would actually suggest something more casual if you are not going to splurge for the kurta. Your Indian friend may have a kurta he can lend you for the day. I certainly own many more than 1. "Western dress" for the reception is fine.
The tone of the thread changed after it was realized that the OP was sincere (not rich). He seems to have taken no offense from the comments at the start which is a sign of class in and of itself IMO. Despite all the suggestions about going to London - I'll say this: the United States is a consumer's paradise. There is almost nothing that you can't get stateside and most likely it will cheaper. Think about a few days in NYC instead. I would also suggest not buying...
Quote: Originally Posted by shoejohn I think monks are the most intimidating shoe +1 and double monks are double intimidating
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr.Teatime I get all of my MTM shirts with a shirt pocket for pen carrying. IMO, pens should be in the jacket pocket. I am not fond of the pen in the shirt pocket look. If you don't wear a jacket - put it in your briefcase.
Anderson Little - What a blast from the past. Memories of me going to the mall with my parents to buy my first tailored clothing.
I'd only wear it with a suit - but I think it's pretty nice in that context (assuming the fit works for you.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rufus Thanks for the tip, I just went on timezone and someone is trying to sell one for 3995! Dosent have all the original docs though...as an inexperienced watch buyer should i be worried about this? They are also offering an extra steel bracelet that I have no interest in so i think i will offer them $3500, they keep the extra bracelet, and if that dosent work I'll just pony up to buy it new and pay extra for the piece of...
Basically Yes
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 why don't Rs do well in CT? bridgeport and New Haven I guess? they are the only real shitholes there that I know of. Rs generally don't do well in states that spend money on education or have high average SAT scores. I can't cite the study right now but there is an amazing correlation between SAT score and blueness. Perhaps running a VP candidate that couldn't speak in complete sentences tells you...
401k savings are intended to be withdrawn in retirement when your earned income would generally expected to the less than when you are working ergo lower marginal tax rate (assuming no change in rates)