or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I encourage photogaphs. - B OK - I am no wiz with a camera and I don't know how to edit pictures to add markings. But here is a fairly typical example. Sorry for the large size - but its probably the only way to show this issue:
Has anyone ever had an issue with the placket sides and button sides of their shirts not lining up exactly. The button side is 1/4 - 1/2 inch longer. It's not noticeable with the shirt on - but I find it a bit disconcerting when I put it on. I am sure its not the manufacture of the shirts since all my shirts seem to be coming back this way from the cleaners. So I am guessing that it is something the cleaners are doing. I use a "generic" Asian cleaner but they do all...
Can someone tell me why does Brunello Cucinelli only makes a single length jacket. Also does it seem to you that shirts are only coming in single sleeve lengths (longs) these days. I presume they are expecting everyone to get the sleeves tailored.
I assume you removed the back for those pics. Do you think that was a good idea?
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay If you know your size, then there are several online options for getting Alden shoes, or call another store. They called the factory - I guess I could get them faster if someone had them in stock. As I understand it Alden is a small factory and selection is often limited.
I went to pick up a pair of Alden Straight Tip Bal Oxfords today and was told that it would take 12 weeks. Would you want or would you just pick up AE Park Avenues?
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatsby The issue of course is if taking 2 years off, with no income, no guarantee of a job, and going into debt, a move in the right direction? it seems to me that those in a top 5 mba program are pretty much guaranteed a job.
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II Does anyone have first-hand experience with B&D in Philly? I know a few people have posted on the firm in the past, but have yet to hear from someone who has had shirts made himself. Thanks, Panzer I have had 11 shirts made from B&D (in 2005 and 2006) and waiting to pick up 4 more (ordered about 4 weeks ago). I had one shirt that shrunk a bit more than the others. They were able to do some things to...
I guess it's just me - but I don't see a big leap between a dark "formal" wedding suit and a tuxedo. Sort of a quarter step difference as compared to the full step between an SC/slacks to Suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by knezz Is it ok to wear a tuxedo to an evening wedding as a guest? I'm not sure what the wedding party will be wearing but they won't be wearing casual wear. I think it is OK so long as it is in an "upscale venue" where all the guests will be in suits (minimum).