or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

I guess it's just me - but I don't see a big leap between a dark "formal" wedding suit and a tuxedo. Sort of a quarter step difference as compared to the full step between an SC/slacks to Suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by knezz Is it ok to wear a tuxedo to an evening wedding as a guest? I'm not sure what the wedding party will be wearing but they won't be wearing casual wear. I think it is OK so long as it is in an "upscale venue" where all the guests will be in suits (minimum).
Quote: Originally Posted by breakfasteatre price dropped tonight, 200 for all 6, who the hell is passing this up? You are probably going to have a hard time selling a lot given that the sizes are all over the place. Not sure who would want to buy both a 16 and 17+ shirt. Just saying.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowndes Well, I define it to as (1) I have to have the money to pay for it. I don't buy clothes if I am unable to pay for it that month. (2) The cost of the item can't be so high as to take out the enjoyment of wearing it. This sort of goes to (1) but there still are things that I could afford to buy but are so costly that I think I would remember the cost of the item too much to really enjoy it. This is the best...
Being Indian myself - I don't like the idea of wearing a suit to the wedding, esp. if you are going to have to remove your shoes. Suits without shoes is an epic fail. I would actually suggest something more casual if you are not going to splurge for the kurta. Your Indian friend may have a kurta he can lend you for the day. I certainly own many more than 1. "Western dress" for the reception is fine.
The tone of the thread changed after it was realized that the OP was sincere (not rich). He seems to have taken no offense from the comments at the start which is a sign of class in and of itself IMO. Despite all the suggestions about going to London - I'll say this: the United States is a consumer's paradise. There is almost nothing that you can't get stateside and most likely it will cheaper. Think about a few days in NYC instead. I would also suggest not buying...
Quote: Originally Posted by shoejohn I think monks are the most intimidating shoe +1 and double monks are double intimidating
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr.Teatime I get all of my MTM shirts with a shirt pocket for pen carrying. IMO, pens should be in the jacket pocket. I am not fond of the pen in the shirt pocket look. If you don't wear a jacket - put it in your briefcase.
Anderson Little - What a blast from the past. Memories of me going to the mall with my parents to buy my first tailored clothing.
I'd only wear it with a suit - but I think it's pretty nice in that context (assuming the fit works for you.)