or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Something about #1 doesn't look right to me. Could be lack of contrast in the outfit or low button stance. It might be OK for the office - but wouldn't wear it to a reception. #2 looks great,
Could you please provide widths. I am interested in the Atmosphere tie. Is it New?
Quote: Originally Posted by exchange239 Just thought I'd ask to see if how people have faired in negotiating watch prices at boutique stores (other than Rolex, which I hear often is a slim, if not nil, discount). I've had fair luck at the Omega boutique store in CA and at Tourneau (as a repeat customer) simply by asking about what retail price would be versus what the sales rep would be willing to negotitate to. Anyone else have any other success...
Quote: Originally Posted by KlezmerBlues Quality-wise it is what you usually can expect from Visconti. Could you please elaborate? I have no expectations of Visconti.
Has anyone tried the Visconti Homo Sapiens? I am considering buying.
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier I am not much a fan of that NM. Just curious as to why.
Quote: Originally Posted by wysiwyg You can confirm by checking if your placket is puckering. Sorry it happened. Plackets don't seem to be puckering. No need to be too sorry - it is not noticeable when the shirt is on - just disconcerting when I am buttoning. Quote: Originally Posted by whatsinaname Your shirt has checks. Line them up along the front. If one side has more checks than the other, the shirt was cut...
Quote: Originally Posted by wysiwyg My guess is the extra row of stitching on the placket side compared to the button side is causing the length to become uneven secondary to asymmetric thread shortening. If you're dry cleaning, perhaps the chemicals are doing something to the thread? I'm just spitballing here. Maybe you can switch cleaners and experiment with a new shirt, see if it's a problem more with the shirt than with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by rajesh06 I'll try to steam the placket tomorrow and see if its just a matter of releasing the stiffness in the placket. Steaming did not work. Would be curious if anyone else has any thoughts on this - my relationship with my cleaners hangs in the balance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. White For dressier slacks and jackets, rayon is a better synthetic for wool blends. Technically - rayon is not considered synthetic.