or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

I bought the following for $34.50 with shipping - so I'm not going to be overly bothered if it is: Paul Stuart Sweater Note the tag - it is detached and when I got it, it was reattached with a grey thread. That said - the sweater does look to be "Paul Stuart quality" and has a simillar fit to other items that I bought in the PS store. The seller has a good feedback rating. What do you think?
Both of my Canalis are labeled 52 7 L. I wear a 42 L. I am guessing the 7 is drop. "Corto" is Italian for Short so I assume that the C indicates a short suit and R a regular suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by masqueofhastur Is there something else I could do as well with at that price range? Not in my experience except perhaps at end-of-season sales.
I have their wool car coat. I like the styling and I think its a very good value, but definitely lower quiality than you will get with cashmere blends. Then again - it was only $160 and the wool cashmere blends that I like are typically $500 - $600.
Quote: Originally Posted by trajan What are the main objections against the quartz watches? --trajan I'd say its more like the diffiernce between a clip on and a real necktie.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso There is no usual discount, much depends on the brand, model and the particular AD's policies. Most JLC's can be had for around a 25% discount from an AD, and a substantially greater discount on the grey market. Thanks - I was looking at buying from an AD. There are at least two ADs in the area - so I figure I should be able to play them off each other to get a reasonable discount. Appreciate the advice...
So what's the usual discount off MSRP on watches? I'm looking at a JLC with an MSRP in the $7K to $8K range. I'd buy at a speciality watch store.
Two new additions to the scene: 1) Thomas Pink (King of Prussia Mall) 2) Saks in Bala Cynwyd now has a Men's Department. (used to be a Women's Only store) Anyone check these out yet?
Quote: Originally Posted by trajan What do you think of this watch? http://www.prestigetime.com/item.php?item_id=523 Are there any similar watches in design with mechanical movement? --trajan I wouldn't drop over a grand for a quartz. Maybe look at Oris around that price.
I like XMI ties (generally available at Nordstrom) in the midgrade range.