or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

I was pretty shocked to win the auction - My bid went in about 5 hours before auction end for $201. I was shocked to check my email this evening to see that I had won them for $168. I bought a pair of C&Js (from the store at T&A in NYC) at full retail of $475 earlier this year. Those were 9.5Es - hopefully these 10s fit me just right.
Probably should have asked this before bidding - but for $168 I figure they are pretty much a steal either way. http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-...tem=7766536608 What do you think? Rajesh
Quote: Originally Posted by rogerm I'm sure this has been covered in threads before, but what's the difference between John Lobb Northampton and John Lobb Paris? Please corect me if I'm wrong - but I think: John Lobb Paris is owned by Hermes and makes shoes in Northhampton. John Lobb London is a bespoke only operation in London.
Quote: Originally Posted by TKDKid Copying across my post from Ask Andy's... C&J "Highbury" It's a little bit more expensive than other C&J regular line shoes - can think of them as regular line plus. Soles are stitched aloft. At 380 EUR - I think that is actually a bit less than the bench grades - which currenly go for US$475.
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 Potential good deal on some narrow EGs: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-EDWARD-GREEN...QQcmdZViewItem I'm interested in these. Two questions 1. Why do you say these are narrow? 2. Do you think this shoe is a 9.5 UK instaed of 9.5 US? - I am hoping you say "yes" to this question.
Quote: Originally Posted by BrooklynMike All I can say is, wow! I strolled into Filene's today to use the bathroom and took a quick look at the Armani racks, which often contain some interesting stuff like Brioni shirts and Incotex pants. I spotted a Borrelli shirt in my size so I figured I'd try it in case I spot one on eBay I like. It's kind of weird. Do you wear bespoke / MTM shirts - if so, I think its really hard to back to OTR - even...
Per the C&J 337 thread - I just bought my first pair of C&Js. Do you think the $100 waxed shoe trees from C&J are worth it - relative to the $25 split toe Woodlores that I would get otherwise?
Quote: Originally Posted by TKDKid I love the Westfield! What colour did you get? I think it looks particularly nice in dark brown. Got the dark brown - haven't worn them yet because I'm still trying to decide how I am going to treat them before I do.
Quote: Originally Posted by sysdoc Please do yourself as well as your new pair of shoes a favor and forget the cream - at least for the time being. Applying cream will ruin the original (supposedly high-gloss) polishing and you'll have a good amount of work at your hands to re-establish the shine. So what do you recomend for maintainance - cream or wax polish?
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing 40mm is absolutely huge for a dress watch or any watch not used for intensive purposes for that matter. Well this is the watch I wear: http://www.watchbuys.com/Master/NI-023.htm I think it looks reasoanbly dressy. I am 6'0 185 - and I dont think it looks too big. I actually think that these days 40mm is average theese days.