or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Thanks all for the advice. I just can't see going tie-less to this - even if it would be acceptable. Do think a blazer (not a navy jacket) and solid trousers - with a colorful shirt, tie and pocket square would work fits the bill as "cocktail attire." I only ask because I need an excuse to buy a new blazer.
Quote: Originally Posted by topbroker Do Aldens ever go on sale anytime, anywhere? Sherman Brothers in Philly doscounts 10% twice a year. If you are a regular customer, they'll give you 10% year around. www.shermanbrothers.com
I have been invited to a wedding reception in mid-May and the dress is described as "cocktail attire." What the hell does that mean? Other specs: Wedding: Family-only; a week prior to reception Location: Loft space in Manhattan Guests: 100-150 (guess) Time: 7PM (Saturday) Food: hors d’oeuvres stations So what should I wear?
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh For those that missed it. Here's a copy of Webb's response from youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8l8DLFNJI Jim Webb is my new hero. He is tough as balls, doesn't mince words and takes the fight to the right in a way that no one has in quite sometime. I get the sense that he'd punch GWB if he was in the same room as him.
Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica Thanks for the condescension, chief. Sorry about that - must have been in a bad mood last night Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica As for defining expensive, try to imagine what the average american takes home in a month. If a watch costs more than that, then most people would consider it expesnive. Well this is a thread that starts with a $300K Patek - so that is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica ....I recall that I heard some Arab Sheik had the most expesnive watch at $7 million,by Beaume and Mercier, or something...maybe Audemars Piguet) Can't imagine B&M would make a watch in this class. Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica Most expensive watches come with soemthing like a $300 dollar ETA movement, or some sort of Valjoux guts. Guess this depends upon how you define...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 What the hell is wrong with people around here. That was not my point at all. My point was exactly what I wrote: IF it is true that today's Republican party is "more racist" than today's Democratic party, then that is ironic considering the Republican party's historical background. That is all. I didn't have a "point" other than just to make an observation of an irony. I meant nothing by it other than that. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 What the hell is wrong with people around here. That was not my point at all. My point was exactly what I wrote: IF it is true that today's Republican party is "more racist" than today's Democratic party, then that is ironic considering the Republican party's historical background. That is all. I didn't have a "point" other than just to make an observation of an irony. I meant nothing by it other than that. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T well even if you bail, that is going to be pretty damn hard to replicate Well I'm a pretty easy going guy - so part of it is just due to may personality. I don't take things that happen at the office personally, I try to get along with everyone and I really don't "compete" with my peers. This is my fourth job - and I would have described all of my previous three the same way.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaron I'm a little perplexed by your situation, your new firm is not doing as much business as it could, or should, be doing. Are you in a position to start "finding" new/more business, and thus greater experience and pay, or is that not a direction you want to go in? A Its the type of business where (much as most professional services firms) getting cold business (i.e. through cold-calling, cold-selling) is...