or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh For those that missed it. Here's a copy of Webb's response from youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8l8DLFNJI Jim Webb is my new hero. He is tough as balls, doesn't mince words and takes the fight to the right in a way that no one has in quite sometime. I get the sense that he'd punch GWB if he was in the same room as him.
Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica Thanks for the condescension, chief. Sorry about that - must have been in a bad mood last night Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica As for defining expensive, try to imagine what the average american takes home in a month. If a watch costs more than that, then most people would consider it expesnive. Well this is a thread that starts with a $300K Patek - so that is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica ....I recall that I heard some Arab Sheik had the most expesnive watch at $7 million,by Beaume and Mercier, or something...maybe Audemars Piguet) Can't imagine B&M would make a watch in this class. Quote: Originally Posted by DeSica Most expensive watches come with soemthing like a $300 dollar ETA movement, or some sort of Valjoux guts. Guess this depends upon how you define...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 What the hell is wrong with people around here. That was not my point at all. My point was exactly what I wrote: IF it is true that today's Republican party is "more racist" than today's Democratic party, then that is ironic considering the Republican party's historical background. That is all. I didn't have a "point" other than just to make an observation of an irony. I meant nothing by it other than that. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 What the hell is wrong with people around here. That was not my point at all. My point was exactly what I wrote: IF it is true that today's Republican party is "more racist" than today's Democratic party, then that is ironic considering the Republican party's historical background. That is all. I didn't have a "point" other than just to make an observation of an irony. I meant nothing by it other than that. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T well even if you bail, that is going to be pretty damn hard to replicate Well I'm a pretty easy going guy - so part of it is just due to may personality. I don't take things that happen at the office personally, I try to get along with everyone and I really don't "compete" with my peers. This is my fourth job - and I would have described all of my previous three the same way.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaron I'm a little perplexed by your situation, your new firm is not doing as much business as it could, or should, be doing. Are you in a position to start "finding" new/more business, and thus greater experience and pay, or is that not a direction you want to go in? A Its the type of business where (much as most professional services firms) getting cold business (i.e. through cold-calling, cold-selling) is...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 The compensation doesn't sound terrible, but I think you could do far better with 6 years of consulting management experience (depending on the industry, and what type of lifestyle you desire) although I'm not entirely sure that a new job with a consulting practice will allow you to have the lack of travel and apparently easy workload you have now. Well I guess this is part of the issue - I actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by earthdragon Hi Folks - Just re-located to LA from London. My understanding is that building ones credit score is somewhat of a nightmare/catch 22. I have managed to lease a car (and a spin off credit card, with a miniscule limit). I am professionally employed and earning 6 figures and maintain great credit and £, in the bank in Europe. How can I improved this, as I do not wish to be completely reliant on my wife, (who...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford And for those who are wondering, I officially left the Republican Party this past Friday when I re-registered as an Independent, which in Arizona allows me to choose the party primary in which I will vote. Bradford, Though I am a dyed-in-the-wool Dem and may not have the right to say it, I would say the Party left you not that you left them. Especially for someone from Barry Goldwater's state. Not...