or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

I was in NYC last Wednesday and stopped by Saks to pick these up. They are Ashby's on the 606 in Burnt Pine. A couple comments / questions: 1) The regular price at Saks is now $1050; the first discount was to $786.90 (25%); it was then marked down to $550.83 (additional 30%). Paid $13 to have them shipped to me and avoid the tax and then got 10% off for opening a Saks account - so its going to be $507.45 out the door. A pretty good deal I think (as much as paying...
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 I realize I am harping on this, but it's driving me up a wall. So my apologies in advance for bringing up my wedding tux again. I think I have figured out all of my various options for getting a tux for my wedding. From most expensive to least (excluding the shirt, shoes, etc.): Custom-made by a local tailor 1300 MTM Hickey Freeman at Nordstrom 1300 MTM Burberry at Nordys 1000 MTM HSM at Nordys 900 MTM...
Quote: Originally Posted by Duveen Better indicator is the mean income (most common #, not average #). Also important to factor in/monetize the avoided costs of childcare, healthcare, etc. Not to quibble - because I agree with your overall points but: most common = mode half above; half below = median avearge does in fact = mean
Bought my first pair of EGs today from Saks while in NYC for business. Got the Ashby in the 606 last - not sure what the official color name - but its a browninsh color between medium brown and dark brown. This was the last one left on sale in my size - $550 marked down from $1050 less 10% for opening a Saks account and I had it shipped to my home in PA to avaoid about sales tax. I think it'll be something like $505 out the door. I'll post pics once I get it next...
Quote: Originally Posted by alebrady just looking if anyone had any updated info... anyone know if the turnbull and asser sale is still going on through next weekend? also heard that oxxford was having some sort of sale - any chance this is thru next weekend too (heading to nyc for the weekend and in the market for some suits, dress shirts, and shoes) Also is C&J at T&A on sale as well?
I wore this tie 4 or 5 times. I checked and did not see and stains or flaws. Bought it before I understood color theory as described in Flusser's book. Though many pooh-pooh Flusser - his theory makes a lot of sense from my experience. This tie just doesn't work for my Indian high-contrast complexion! I don’t have any other ties from this brand and don’t know much about it. It seems well made: Made in Italy, 100% silk, NOT self-tipped, but does have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by norcaltransplant Turnbull & Asser was a winner with regards to sales prices. Shirts @ $109 were not that attractive, but if you have stubby legs like mine (trousers with 31.5" inseams) were discounted to $75. There was an especially nice brown houndstooth that I wanted... Ties are also a good value at $30, and the remaining Chester Barrie suits are a steal at $700. I expect 42s and 44s to have the best luck. Overall,...
I have the Tellmans in a 10. With the elongated last - I have room in the toe area, but they basically fit me well everywhere else. For refernce I am a 10D in AEs and Aldens and a 9.5E (UK) on the single pair of C&Js i have (Westfields).
Quote: Originally Posted by BDCook 606 last in Dark Oak. A number of firsts: My first shoe that cost more than $295 (several pairs of AE) and my first time buying a dress boot. Heavily discounted at Saks (paid $550). I love the shoe, but just curious what is most appropriate to wear them with. They had two other EGs as well, including a suede cap toe (sorry, don't know the name/last#) in a 10.5 D for right around $500. Gorgeous but a bit too...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad But if you nevertheless prefer them aesthetically, will they refuse to use them? Don't know becuase I never asked. I am very satisfied with their shirts - so I have never really pressed the point. This may be a case of: if one is paying $220 for a shirt, one will trust the judgment of the tailor; if one is paying $75 - one tends to question more!