or Connect

Posts by rajesh06

Quote: Originally Posted by diorshoe there are a whole lot of italian shoe names starting with 'M' and ending in 'i'. I came to my opinion in the following ranking of the four italian shoe makers (not taking price into account, just quality): mantellassi martegani moreschi magnanni Magli? (Bruno) or as OJ would say Ugly-ass Bruno Magli
I stopped by Wayne Edwards in Philadelphia over lunch today. For anyone that's interested there is one pair of EG black captoes (202 last) in size 8.5/9 D. Not sure what the model is and I think they were bals. They are marked down to $195. You could probably call them and have them shipped if you are interested. They are also selling Lobbs at $1100 - which I am guessing is much cheaper than most. The salesman indicated that Lobb was in the process of reducing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo to have the sleeves on a tweed blazer shortened by an inch? Nothing complicated, there's definately enough room at the wrist (though I guess the buttons will inevitably have to be reset). I have a feeling my tailor is pulling a fast one on me... Based on other tailoring I have had done - I'm guessing a tailor would charge $25 - but that's just a guess. Yes - it seems like a lot to me too, but its a free...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel I am not saying that this is not a lot of money, just not a lot of money to a lot of people. I am hoping you meant "not a lot of money to some people" I would hate to think that there were a lot of people that could afford this kind of expenditure. I thought I read somehwhere that there are around 8,000 billionaires in the world. Assuming you need to have a net worth of $10 million or more to spend...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuerney1 Actually, I don't know that Tom Cruise's popularity has declined that much at all. I agree - I never heard anyone say that they didn't go see a movie because the star was acting little nutty. I think most hollywood star's popularity is directly related to their ability to pick good films to be involved in. It has relatively little to to do with their mental stability.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Check out this internet vendor (authorized dealer): http://www.watchbuys.com/1000.htm I like the Nivrel Special Anniversary Limited Edition, and for $90 more than your maximum, the Limes Klassik Cartouche Silver. Don't buy the Nivrel its a piece of crap. I bought it because I liked the look and have regretted it ever since.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smooth Genes thanks for the replies fellas. My mind is now eased at the purchase. i think ill try to sell it to someone anyway even if its for 20 bucks! Or ill give it to a bum on the street tell his ass to get a job. And NO i did not get the job, infact i did not even get an interview. Well my initial plan was to march in there (its at a bank) and demand to see the head honcho and get an interview on the spot to get...
Quote: Originally Posted by lakewolf In Switzerland stores are open from 9am to 18:45, some stores closes at 18:00 on Thursdays they open until 19:30, and on saturdays until 18:00 I spent three weeks doing some consuting work in the suburbs of Zurich about 10 years ago. I would typically work untill about 17:30 - so by the time I returned to my apartment it was very difficult to find time to shop.
Quote: Originally Posted by poorsod Gee thanks for all the info. Any recs for Basel? Keep in mind that you may have difficulty finding time to shop around your conference given the limited hours than most Swiss stores remain open.
Quote: Originally Posted by Associate Dodged a conf call and went to the sale. There was a fresh supply of ties (a lot of Drake and H&B which were previously missing). I got an Isaia 7 fold and an H&B for about $40 each. I also got a beautiful Truzzi shirt for $90, down from $325. Didn;t really have time to look beyond the main shirt area. Not a single EG in shoes. A lot of Bemer for Valextra shoes for $650-700 before the 30%. What's the deal with...